Tuesday, Jan. 7
- 3:01 p.m. Report of a past theft of a TV at Sears. Police said it was a 32-inch Samsung set.
- 3:38 p.m. Report of a house fire at 9 Proctor St. Firefighters had the blaze knocked down within 20 minutes and two cats were rescued from inside. See related story.
- 4:22 p.m. Report of a brush fire on the city bikeway. Police were unable to locate a fire.
- 4:31 p.m. Eder L. Pereira, 36, of 21 Caller St. #100, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Lowell Street and Meadowview Road. Pereira was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 7:14 p.m. A caller at a Cashman Road home reported his laptop was on fire. Police said the fire was out and the laptop was brought outside.
- 11:47 p.m. Police responded to a report of drug activity at Holiday Inn. A 74-year-old Chelsea man was transported to Salem Hospital after experiencing shortness of breath and going into cardiac arrest. Alissa A. Brown, 25, of 124 Green St. #405, Lynn, was then arrested on charges of possession of Class A and C drugs and giving a police officer a false name.
Wednesday, Jan. 8
- 1:49 a.m. A caller on Jackson Avenue reported her car was being broken into. Police responded to the scene and said the car door was open, but there was no sign of anyone and nothing appeared to be missing from the vehicle.
- 2:06 a.m. Police ticketed a car for parking entirely on the sidewalk on Fairview Avenue and blocking pedestrians from using the sidewalk. An officer took a photo of the violation.
- 3:21 a.m. A female reported someone stole her mailbox on Summit Street sometime between Jan. 2 and 7.
- 12:42 p.m. A man walked into the station to report that he had parked his car at Farnham Park on Jan. 6 and now the car wasn't there. The purple 1998 Toyota Corolla was reported as stolen.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on this log.