The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Jan. 23-24.
Wednesday, Jan. 23
- 2:13 p.m. An anonymous caller reported a suspicious silver convertible with males inside the car on Danforth Road might be involved in drug activity. Officers checked the area and reported nothing was found.
- 2:33 p.m. A person came into the station to report his Kenyan passport was missing.
- 2:42 p.m. A caller reported a suspicious gray Mitsubishi with a red hood was Puritan Lawn Memorial Park. The caller suspected there was drug activity going on. An officer said everyone checked out, although the individuals were sent on their way without incident. An officer said the two people were reading.
- 3:11 p.m. The manager at Friendly's wished to report a past theft. An officer said the deposit bag from the previous night went missing.
- 3:48 p.m. A person called about a turkey on Blair Terrace.
- 5:30 p.m. Police investigated a past burglary at a Northend Street home. There an unlocked sliding door, a 42-inch TV was missing and a door lock was broken.
- 7:08 p.m. Deshawn Huston, 17, of 70 Granite St. #17A, Lynn, was arrested, following a report of a robbery. He was charged with unarmed robbery, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and on a warrant out of Essex County Juvenile Courts. A caller reported a delivery driver was attacked on Littles Lane. The victim was transported to Salem Hospital by ambulance.
- 8:48 p.m. A parent reported her son was pushed by an unknown seventh-grader and as a result fell on his face and broke his nose. The parents and juvenile were advised of their rights to a harassment order.
- 10:01 p.m. A UPS driver reported finding a bag near Bourbon Street. The driver said it was on the trunk of a vehicle, which was driving, when the bag fell into trafffic and got run over several times. The bag contained a check book and three credit cards. Lynnfield police were notified to contact the owner.
Thursday, Jan. 24
- 9:31 a.m. A caller on Bresnahan Street reported a past break-in and theft at her residence.
- 10:15 a.m. A 16-year-old was arrested at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School on a warrant for shoplifting.
- 11:25 a.m. Police received a report of vandalism by a Cobb Avenue resident. A basement house window was broken with a brick.
- 1:41 p.m. A caller reported spotting a vulture on the sidewalk at the intersection of Lynnfield and County streets. The Animal Control Officer responded, but couldn't find any sign of the bird.
- 1:42 p.m. A man with the flu at a Lynn Street apartment reported he wasn't feeling well and transported to Beverly Hospital.
- 1:51 p.m. A driver was cited for not having a license in possession and speeding, following a motor vehicle stop on Wallis Street. The passenger, meanwhile, was cited for possession of marijuana.
- 1:53 p.m. A caller on Lynnfield Street reported two people who claimed to be Verizon workers entered the home. The resident believed they might have left carrying an unknown item. Police said it was unclear if anything was actually taken.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.