The following is an excerpt from the Peabody Police log from Monday, March 28 through Tuesday, March 29.
- At 4:16 p.m., police investigated a complaint about dirt bikes on Poor's Field on land owned by Eastman Gelatine on Washington Street. Police officers were unable to access the area because the gate was locked.
- At 4:31 p.m., police reported vandalism at Phone Zone on 100 Main St. when an employee told police a lighted sign valued at $3,000 was damaged.
- At 5:42 p.m., police arrested a Lynn man following a motor vehicle stop at 25 County St. Jose Havez-Lopez, 21, of 183 Chatham St., in Lynn, was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and a marked lanes violation. A second Lynn man was summonsed for allowing an unlicensed person to operate a motor vehicle.
- At 8:46 p.m., police reported two small brush fires at 25 Sunset Drive and notified the Fire Department, which brought them under control very quickly.
- At 2:30 a.m., police reported grafitti on a rear door at the CVS Pharmacy at 85 Lynnfield St. Less than an hour later, police reported grafitti at the U.S. Post Office at 13 Wallis St. At 6:32 a.m., more grafitti was found at the Skate Park at 27 Perkins St.
- At 2 p.m., police reported a breaking and entering into a motor vehicle parked at 22 Buxton St. The caller said DJ equipment was taken.