The following is an excerpt from the Peabody Police Department log:
Thursday, Aug. 16
- At 2:49 p.m., police arrested Dale P. Higinbotham, 41, 16 Maple St., Lynnfield, on two warrants and also on charges of driving with a suspended license. The arrest was made on Foster Street.
- At 4:07 p.m., police were called to Macy's for a report of shoplifting. Police arrested Melanie Abrams, 32, 92 Beach Road, Winthrop, and charged her with two counts of shoplifting over $100.
- At 4:08 p.m., police arrested James Swales, 42, 21 Veterans Memorial Drive, on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (shod foot) after a neighbor dispute.
- At 4:57 p.m., a loose peacock was reported on Andover Street near the Sprint store. The animal returned to the farm prior to the Animal Control Officer arriving.
- At 5:07 p.m., a resident of Magnolia Way reported their vehicle had been stolen overnight.
- At 5:57 p.m., police issued a summons to a Georgetown woman for driving while under the influence of liquor. Mall security reported an intoxicated woman was getting into her car in the parking lot. Police issued the summons before she drove away.
- A resident of a Union Street apartment reported other tenants were smoking marijuana.
- At 8:58 p.m., a resident of Tremont Street reported someone was "knocking persistently" at the door. Police spoke with a neighbor who was knocking on the resident's door to welcome her to the neighborhood.
Friday, Aug. 17
- At 12:26 a.m., police issued a summons to a 23-year-old Peabody resident for malicious destruction of property over $250.
- Police responded to a water main break at 6:46 a.m. on Northend Street.
- At 8:18 a.m., a small child was reported wandering down Holten Street. Police reunited the child with its mother.
- At 8:34 a.m., a resident of Batholomew Street reported an opossum stuck in her trash can. According to police, "they advised her to tip the barrel over and allowe the animal to leave on its own."
- At 9:59 a.m., a woman believed to be going into labor was reported at
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org