Thursday, Jan. 16
- 2:44 p.m. A Woodbridge Road resident reported a past theft of checks.
- 3:15 p.m. Christina M. Gordon, 32, of Reading, was arrested following a report of a shoplifter at Sears. She was charged with shoplifting by asportation.
- 3:16 p.m. An officer checked Webster Street for homeless activity and located one female in the area who was told to stay away from a location unless she was removing a tent there.
- 3:56 p.m. Officers responded to the parking area outside Sears for a well being check and ended up arresting Heather A. Gormley, 36, of Chelsea on charges of driving with a suspended license, receiving stolen property over $250, giving a false name and address to a police officer and on a warrant out of Malden District Court. That charge was sexual conduct for a fee.
- 5:26 p.m. A caller on State Street reported computer fraud and larceny.
- 6:12 p.m. Report of a leaking pipe in a vacant first-floor apartment on Elm Street. Officers were able to enter the apartment and shut off the water.
- 7:18 p.m. An Emery Street resident reported there was extensive damage to his lawn after a limousine driver tried to turn the limo around on the front lawn.
- 10:44 p.m. Security at Lahey Medical Center, Peabody reported two pickup trucks had a block of snow and ice tied to the back of the trucks and were dragging it around the parking lot. Both vehicles were sent on their way.
Friday, Jan. 17
- 5:10 a.m. Joel Ayala, 28, of 2 Munroe Ct. #1, Peabody, was arrested at his apartment on charges of possession with intent to distribute a Class A drug (heroin) and possession of a firearm without a license. See related story.
- 7:34 a.m. A female was transported to Salem Hospital after her foot was run over by a car at the corner of Washington and Dane streets.
- 9:27 a.m. A caller at Latitude Sports Club reported his iPad was stolen from his pickup truck.
- 10:48 a.m. A 25-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons on charges of leaving the scene of an accident with property damage and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle after a hit-and-run accident near Lahey Medical Center.
- 11:01 a.m. One person was issued a court summons on charges of making threats and assault and battery related to an incident at Bishop Fenwick High School on Jan. 6.
- 11:05 a.m. An officer stopped a vehicle for a red light violation near City Hall and cited the driver. The officer also reported the person was trying to solicit people to repair asphalt. Police determined the person was associated with a gypsy paving scam.
- 11:27 a.m. Report of a car accident on Route 1 at the jughandle with possible injuries. State police handled the scene.
- 12:44 p.m. A caller reported a man was trying to jump out of a window on Swampscott Avenue in a suicide attempt. The man was transported to Salem Hospital.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on this log.