The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from April 26-28.
Friday, April 26
- 1:50 p.m. A manager at the Dunkin' Donuts at 527 Lowell St. reported a theft by an employee. A 47-year-old man was issued a court summons for larceny under $250.
- 3:24 p.m. Report of a duck with a broken wing in the way of traffic on Howley Street. The duck was moved along.
- 3:57 p.m. A caller at Sports Medicine North reported a patient had locked himself in the bathroom for more than two hours. Derek Armand, 33, of 3 Baldwin Rd., Danvers, was then arrested on a straight warrant on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol, negligent operation of a vehicle and drinking alcohol out of an open container in a vehicle.
- 4:06 p.m. One male was transported to Salem Hospital after a two-car accident at the corner of Main and Pierpont streets.
- 5:56 p.m. Maritza Alicea, 36, of Woburn, was arrested and charged with larceny over $250 and on two warrants out of Lowell and Framingham district courts after she was detained for allegedly shoplifting at Sears.
- 11:56 p.m. Alyssa Myers, 34, of 21-1/2 Bowditch St., Peabody, was arrested at her residence after someone dialed 911 and hung up. She was charged with domestic assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (a stereo).
Saturday, April 27
- 1:35 a.m. A caller reported there was a man doing push-ups in the middle of Foster Street. Frank Richardson, 25, of 1 Spofford Ave., Georgetown, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- 4:26 a.m. Police responded to a burglary alarm at Long's Jewelers. Police said there were signs of broken glass, but no entry to the building.
- 4:26 a.m. A caller at the Charles Motel reported a window was smashed. Police said there was an ongoing dispute between neighbors and the caller was going to call the landlord to resolve the situation.
- 9:26 a.m. A 24-year-old Andover man was transported to Lahey Clinic, following a report of a possible heroin overdose at the Extended Stay Hotel.
- 9:51 a.m. Police reported traffic was backing up from Farm Avenue onto Route 1 due to the resident drop-off day at the Public Services Department.
- 1:38 p.m. A caller reported three men were inside the abandoned L. Fine & Co. warehouse. Police said there was no criminal activity, the men were trying to film a music video.
- 2:21 p.m. A caller reported there was a dead dog on Route 128 on the left side of the southbound side of the highway. The state Transportation Department was notified.
- 2:25 p.m. Angelo Zammit, 31, of 111 Foster St. #209, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street. He was charged with driving with a license revoked for being a habitual traffic offender.
- 4:48 p.m. Report of an attempted burglary at a home on Will Sawyer Street.
- 4:57 p.m. Report of a mulch fire at a home on Northfield Road. The Fire Department responded to the scene and said the residents had extinguished the flames with a garden hose after the fire had reached the porch.
- 6:06 p.m. Report of a female accosting people pandhandling near the Bank of America ATM on Main Street. A 56-year-old woman was sent on her way.
- 7:33 p.m. A caller reported some youths on Stevens Street were obstructing traffic and gesturing rudely to drivers.
- 7:59 p.m. Report of an eletrical fire at a Summer Street home. The Fire Department reported the blaze started as a mulch fire and went up along the side of the house.
- 9:37 p.m. The clerk at the Ampet gas station on Lowell Street reported an attempted robbery by two white males wearing jeans and black masks. Police said that since a robbery in February at Ampet, the employee was locking the door while inside the store and that proved to foil this attempt. The suspects took off down Endicott Street, cut through a driveway and headed toward the downtown, according to the clerk.
Sunday, April 28
- 1:15 a.m. A 40-year-old Malden man was issued a court summons on charges of breaking and entering for a misdemeanor and domestic assault, following a report of a disturbance at a Tanners Court residence.
- 1:17 a.m. A caller reported a car on fire on Route 128 South by Route 1. State police handled the incident.
- 2:48 a.m. A caller reported a fight in the middle of the street on Curwen Road involving six to 10 people. There was no mention of weapons and the caller did not want to identify himself. Police said the two female combatants were gone before an officer arrived. The homeowners were advised to "shut it down for the night."
- 5:33 a.m. A caller reported a large amount of water was running down Baldwin Street onto Lowell Street. DPS was notified. An officer at the scene said a large amount of water was coming from the sidewalk approximately 20 yards up Baldwin Street and there was an odor of natural gas. The Fire Department was dispatched as well and National Grid was notified. Firefighters confirmed there was a natural gas leak. The water was shut off until repairs were made.
- 10:06 a.m. Report of a brush fire in a backyard on Temi Road.
- 12:10 p.m. Danielle S. Odell, 29, of 2R Washington St. #A, Peabody, was arrested on two warrants, following a report of suspicious activity at Walgreens on Main Street. The charges were for multiple drug violations.
- 12:23 p.m. Tyler M. Ferrier, 20, of 385 Andover St., Danvers, was arrested, following a report of a trailer that was broken into at Mobile Estates. He was charged with domestic assault and battery.
- 1:21 p.m. A resident at Brooksby Village reported $70 in cash was taken from his room.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.