The following are excerpts from reports in the press log from Aug. 28-29.
Tuesday, Aug. 28
- 2:44 p.m. A caller at reported her wallet was stolen while she was at the gym. The wallet contained her driver's license, debit card and school ID.
- 2:51 p.m. An alert was issued by Salem police to be on the lookout for a black male who was a suspect in a carjacking in Salem. .
- 4:01 p.m. Story security at reported they tried to detain a shoplifter, but the person took off. The suspect was described as a Hispanic male, about six-foot-two and wearing a white tee shirt and baggy shorts. He ran toward Cross Street with a female. Police said they found $17 worth of socks, but not the suspects.
- 4:20 p.m. Police received a report of a car break-in at the Macy's parking lot. The vehicle was locked and there was no visible damage to any of the windows, but an Xbox 360 was taken the vehicle.
- 6:19 p.m. Store security at reported a female shoplifter grabbed a $34 pair of earrings, but they would handle the matter on their own.
- 6:21 p.m. A Peabody woman reported someone filed false federal tax returns using her information. She said the Internal Revenue Service was notified.
- 6:48 p.m. A 56-year-old Peabody man was issued a summons for larceny over $250 after a caller on Central Street reported a tenant stole two sections of chain link fence from his property.
- 9:34 p.m. A caller on Belfast Street reported four males rang her doorbell and sang Christmas songs to her before taking off in a black sedan.
- 10:14 p.m. Eric C. Amor, 40, of 286 Washingont St., Salem, was arrested, following a report of a domestic assault. Police said an officer was flagged down in the Foster Street municipal parking lot by a female who said she was pushed down by Amor. He was charged with domestic assault and battery.
Wednesday, Aug. 29
- 7:52 a.m. Police received a report of a male yelling at motor vehicles in Wilson Square. An officer spoke to the male and told him to contact the sergeant in charge of traffic for that area.
- 8:19 a.m. A caller on Jordan Road reported a car break-in. Police said the vehicle was entered overnight and a iPod Shuffle and some spare change were stolen.
- 8:35 a.m. A car break-in was reported on Main Street. Police said the rear passenger window on the vehicle was broken overnight and the stereo system and head rests were taken.
- 9:37 a.m. Flavio L. Anjos, 43, of 40 Temple St. #3, Somerville, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Central Street. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 10:51 a.m. An 81-year-old Peabody man was transported to Salem Hospital after a two-car accident on Foster Street.
- 12:35 p.m. A 36-year-old Salem woman was issued a court summons for shoplifting at the CVS on Main Street.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.