Wednesday, Aug. 21
- 3:21 p.m. Police obtained a temporary warrant for a 37-year-old Peabody man, following a report that he violated a restraining order against a Crane Brook Way resident. Police said he contacted the female by phone. The warrant charges were for violating a restraining order, making threats to commit a crime (to kill) and domestic assault.
- 3:23 p.m. Report of a past theft by an employee at the Dunkin' Donuts on Route 1 North. Police said the suspect would be issued a summons for larceny.
- 4:38 p.m. While on a medical call at the YMCA, an officer was approached by a woman who said her purse was stolen. She said $30 in cash and credit cards were taken.
- 5:15 p.m. A resident at the Park Place mobile home park reported a past burglary to a mobile home. Police said $400 in cash and a GPS device were stolen.
- 5:26 p.m. An officer made a traffic stop on Lynn Street near the Sunoco gas station and reported that the female driver told him she was trying to catch up to her husband who was drinking while driving a box truck. The woman was given a verbal warning for a red light violation.
- 7:04 p.m. A Rose Circle resident reported her house was broken into sometime during the day. Police said entry was gained through a rear window after an air-conditioner was pulled out. A laptop, a laptop case, $300 in cash and other items were stolen.
- 8:48 p.m. Police received a report of a person finding contraband on the ground outside TD Bank on Main Street. An officer disposed of the substance.
- 9:23 p.m. A caller reported a past home break-in on Lynnfield Street. Police said an air-conditioner was pushed out of the window to gain entry into the home. Dresser drawers had been rummaged through, but the homeowner said nothing was missing.
- 9:59 p.m. A caller reported two intoxicated males threw a tree branch
- at his car as he drove by on Washington Street near Buddha's Tavern. An officer checked the area, but didn't find the pair.
Thursday, Aug. 22
- 8:28 a.m. A caller reported her car was entered overnight on Kosciusko Street. Several small items were taken from the glove box. The woman said her checkbook was in the car and she was concerned her checking account might have been compromised. A neighbor reported spotting a white male near the vehicle around 2 a.m.
- 8:59 a.m. The owner at North Shore Laboratories on Endicott Street reported the building was spray-painted.
- 9:17 a.m. A caller at Cedar Pond Village reported his storage unit as broken into. Police said there were no signs of forced entry. Several tools were stolen.
- 9:31 a.m. Police received a report of someone spray-painting the mailbox at Temple Ner Tamid overnight.
- 10:55 a.m. A caller on Fay Avenue reported her car was broken into and jewelry was stolen.
- 12:19 p.m. The Parks and Recreation Director reported someone entered the new playground at Raddin Park and damaged the concrete footings.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.