Saturday, Jan. 18
- 2:24 p.m. A caller reported a car struck the cemetery fence on Mount Vernon Street. Police said only one car was involved in the accident and the road was impassable due to road conditions. The vehicle was towed.
- 2:26 p.m. A caller reported vehicles were having trouble getting up a hill on Route 1 South near Latitudes Sports Club due to the snow. State highway workers were notified to sand the area.
- 2:40 p.m. A 46-year-old Gloucester woman was transported to Beverly Hospital after a two-car accident on Route 128 North at Exit 25A. Her vehicle was towed from the scene.
- 3:27 p.m. A female walked in to the station to report her medication may have been stolen at a friend's house last week. There were no suspects.
- 3:30 p.m. A caller reported a past road rage incident over a possible car accident on Washington Street near Dunkin' Donuts.
- 4:58 p.m. A Curwen Road resident reported her lawn was damaged by a plow. She said there might have been damage to a sprinkler system.
- 5:04 p.m. A caller reported a tow truck was stuck at the entrance to Kappy's Liquors and causing a traffic hazard.
- 6:40 p.m. Report of a two-car accident in Wilson Square. A 24-year-old Somerville man was issued a court summons on charges of driving an uninsured vehicle, with a suspended registration and no valid inspection sticker.
- 7:05 p.m. An officer notified Public Services to plow and sand the area of the West Branch Library on Lowell Street.
- 7:59 p.m. A female walked into the outreach center at the Northshore Mall to report her boyfriend took her car and may be intoxicated. The vehicle was a white 2013 Honda Accord. The car was reported as stolen and the woman taken to the Melrose police station. Police then issued a court summons for a 40-year-old Quincy man on charges of larceny of a motor vehicle, driving recklessly so as to endanger and driving with a suspended license. At 8:29 p.m., a caller reported a hit-and-run accident at the Wilson Square Citgo gas station involving the stolen car. The man was charged with another count of driving with a suspended license and leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.
Sunday, Jan. 19
- 12:38 a.m. William G. Thompson, 38, of 40 Fair Oaks Ave., Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Forest and Fenton streets. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense) and a marked lanes violation.
- 12:54 a.m. A caller reported his car was on fire on the Lowell Street overpass at I-95. State police and Peabody police and firefighters responded to the scene. The fire was extinguished.
- 8:07 a.m. A caller reported a person was slumped over the wheel of truck while parked outside Sam's Food Mart in the Lowe Mart Plaza. Police said the man was just taking a break after plowing all night.
- 10:39 a.m. An officer resolved an argument between roommates on Bowditch Street who were arguing over picking up eggs.
- 12:01 p.m. A caller at the Peabody Housing Authority reported an unknown vehicle struck her car and fled the scene.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on this log.