The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Dec. 10-12.
Monday, Dec. 10
- 6:24 p.m. A caller reported a hit-and-run car accident. The suspect vehicle was a newer model white pickup truck with front-end or side damage and no visible license plate. The truck was last seen heading down Forest Street from the intersection with Lowell Street.
- 9:05 p.m. A 32-year-old Claremont, N.H. woman was issued a court summons for shoplifting at Macy's. Store security said she was trying to steal three high-priced purses.
- 9:33 p.m. A detective reported confiscating a syringe loaded with what he believed was a Class A drug from individuals in a car behind the Elks Lodge. The people were sent on their way.
- 10:08 p.m. A caller reported some youths moved traffic cones at the Lowe Mart Shopping Plaza, causing a traffic hazard on Lowell Street in front of the plaza.
Tuesday, Dec. 11
- 1:20 a.m. Steven Lobo, 22, of 9 North Central Ct. #2, Peabody, was arrested at the 7-Eleven on Lowell Street for domestic assault and battery, intimidating a witness and malicious destruction of property under $250.
- 7:26 a.m. Christopher R. Kerwin, 22, of 6 John Rd., Peabody, was arrested at his home on a warrant for motor vehicle violations. He was also served with two harassment orders.
- 10:31 a.m. A caller reported a vehicle was stolen from Diamond Auto Body overnight.
- 11:46 a.m. A caller at the clubhouse on Huntington Drive reported the trash collectors found a heavy bag that appeared to be leaking blood. An officer said the bag contained the remains of a deer.
- 2:13 p.m. Police received a report of a person, possibly intoxicated, passed out by the railroad tracks near the post office on Wallis Street. An officer spoke with a 58-year-old Aborn Street resident and sent him on his way.
- 2:19 p.m. Sean M. Brooks, 37, of 67 Poplar St., Danvers, was arrested on Lowell Street on an outstanding warrant from Malden District Court. The charges were for two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon and one count each of malicious destruction of property under $250 and assault and battery.
- 2:32 p.m. A caller on Crane Avenue reported a person driving a car was smoking marijuana and passing it back-and-forth with her passenger. The caller said she believed she smelled the drug coming from the car. An officer located the vehicle, but it was unoccupied and there was no answer at the residence.
- 3:05 p.m. Multiple units responded to a home on Lynn Street on a report of a shooting inside the home. The victim was taken by ambulance to Union Hospital in Lynn and transported from there by MedFlight to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. Police said the incident was not suspicious in nature.
- 5:09 p.m. Michael O. Burney, 37, of 1 Herrick Rd., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at Hannaford's Plaza. He was charged with driving with a suspended license.
- 7:28 p.m. A detective reported confiscating marijuana from individuals inside a motor vehicle at the Northshore Mall, following a report of suspicious activity. The people were sent on their way.
- 9:14 p.m. A caller reported a car break-in at the Northshore Mall. Police said there were no signs of forced entry to the vehicle. A pair of sneakers, a jacket and a cell phone chargere were stolen.
- 9:31 p.m. Troy L. Brewer, 45, of 8 Donegal Rd., Peabody, was arrested on a default warrant out of Chelsea District Court. The charges were mainly for motor vehicle violations, but included one count of illegal possession of a firearm.
- 10:21 p.m. A caller on Warren Street reported two car tires were slashed.
Wednesday, Dec. 12
- 8:36 a.m. A caller on Walsh Avenue reported a suspicious man hid a bag under a tree on her property. She said the man appeared to be going through the trash in the area. An officer located the person and confirmed he was just looking for cans and bottles.
- 8:55 a.m. An employee at Century Bank reported a person cashed a fraudulent U.S. Treasury check. Police said the person was captured on surveillance video.
- 11:42 a.m. Geronimo Espinal, 34, of 19 Warren St. #1, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynn Street near the city line. He was charged on a warrant from another department for multiple charges of drug possession and a drug violation near a school or park.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.