Friday, Nov. 22
- 3:03 p.m. Report of a shoplifting at Nordstrom. Police said five Burberry bags, worth $1,000 apiece, were stolen from the store.
- 4:26 p.m. A 15-year-old female reported she went to the South Branch Library, found it was closed and went to leave. She told police a black male with a very thin build, about six feet tall, then came up behind her and said, "Hey, how you?" She began to walk away quickly and the male told her: "No need to run, I can hear you breathing." She then began to run and a black motor vehicle drove up and another male behind the wheel yelled out to his apparent accomplice: "Come on, let's go." She said the black male jumped into the vehicle and they took off toward Washington Street. The teen did not know what kind of car it was other than the color being black.
- 4:40 p.m. Report of a two-car accident on County Street. One driver was taken to Lahey Medical Center, Peabody while the other driver -- a 33-year-old Peabody woman -- was issued a court summons for driving with a suspended license.
- 6:13 p.m. A caller reported people were smoking marijuana out the window of an apartment building on Walnut Street.
- 8:06 p.m. A caller reported there was a man on the ground. The caller told police the man tried to cross to the middle of the street and was almost hit by a car. Police located the man, who was intoxicated, at the corner of Lowell and Birch streets and took him home to his wife.
- 10:27 p.m. An officer reported a white male in a black four-door vehicle tried to gain entry into his home. He said the man wiggled the doorknob. A bike was taken from the backyard, but another one there was left.
Saturday, Nov. 23
- 1:09 a.m. A caller reported hearing possible gunshots in the woods behind a business on Second Street. An officer spoke with a security guard who said he did hear the sounds as well, but believed it was a fan inside the building. He said the fan had made similar sounds before.
- 1:17 a.m. Nancy J. Cuoco, 53, of 57 Pleasant St. #2, Wakefield, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street. She was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (fourth offense). George Montealegre-Pineros, of Boston, was also arrested and charged on default warrant out of Boston.
- 3:42 a.m. Andrea M. Parga, 39, of 20 Park St. #2, Salem, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Main and Holten streets. She was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a marked lanes violation and failure to use care in turning.
- 7:47 a.m. Report of a burglary at the Jiffy Lube on Route 114. Police said an overnight deposit and an iPad was stolen during the night.
- 9:24 a.m. A caller on Fay Avenue requested assistance with retrieving a stolen dog.
- 9:42 a.m. A vehicle struck a police cruiser in the parking lot of the plaza at 300 Andover St.
- 9:53 a.m. An officer reported he located a stolen bicycle on Dooling Circle. A 44-year-old Andover man was issued a court summons for larceny and an attempted break-in.
- 1:05 p.m. A caller on Lisa Road reported a hit-and-run car accident. A 70-year-old Ipswich man was issued a court summons on charges of leaving the scene of an accident with property damage, failure to use care in starting, stopping or turning and driving with an expired license.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.