The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from April 13-15.
Saturday, April 13
- 5:12 p.m. Report of a past burglary at Tireman on Webster Street. Police said 25 aluminum rims were stolen overnight.
- 8:56 p.m. Benjamin M. Crandall, 38, of Rumford, Maine, was arrested, following a report of an assault at the Extended Stay Hotel on Jubilee Drive. He was charged with carrying a dangerous weapon, larceny under $250 and resisting arrest.
- 9:27 p.m. The manager at Kappy's reported an intoxicated customer was trying to buy alcohol from the store. Police responded and the man left in a taxi.
- 10:31 p.m. A man reported his car was broken into outside Stonewood Tavern. Police said an iPod and GPS device were taken.
Sunday, April 14
- 7:17 a.m. A caller reported he was assaulted the night before at Greg's Lounge. The man told police he was attacked by two unknown white males, but then refused the offer of an ambulance for medical attention.
- 8:51 a.m. Mason J. Boulay, 18, of 1 Dustin St. #1, Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a car break-in at the CVS on Main Street. He was charged with breaking and entering for a misdemeanor, attempt to commit a crime, possession of a counterfeit note and receiving stolen property under $250. The victim told police he did recover his property.
- 9:28 a.m. Report of two car break-ins on Dustin Street overnight. Police said a small amount of cash was taken and both vehicles were unlocked.
- 11:02 a.m. An employe at Building Supplies Outlet reported someone stole $700 worth of composite decking from the outside lot.
- 2:37 p.m. Amilcar Esteban, of 60 Essex St. #2, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Lynn Street and Bowen Road. He was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 3:01 p.m. Nicholas R. Demille, 42, of 23 Wilson Ter., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 114. He was charged with driving with a suspended license, speeding, a marked lanes violation, failure to wear a seat belt and on a warrant out of Peabody District Court.
- 4:57 p.m. An employee at Shaw's reported he saw a male and female, both dressed in black hooded sweatshirts, steal two boxes of cough medicine and run out of the store. Police said a witness saw the pair then get into an older model black Chevrolet Cavalier with a baby in the back. The door was also tied with a string.
- 7:29 p.m. A caller on Washington Street reported three teens in a white BMW SUV asked her to buy drugs and then left the area. Police said they would be on the lookout for the vehicle.
- 9:39 p.m. Eric Mannai, 31, of Braintree, was arrested on charges of driving with a revoked license, possession of a Class A drug (subsequent offense) and two warrants that contained larceny and drug charges, along with motor vehicle violations. Police received a report of an erratic operator who had come to a complete stop at the intersection of Lowell and Forest streets and was apparently passed out behind the wheel.
Monday, April 15
- 9:53 a.m. Security at Lahey Clinic reported a vehicle pulled into the parking lot at approximately 9 p.m. the night before and two purses were then thrown out of the car.
- 1:44 p.m. A resident reported two rings and a silver box valued at $3,000 was taken from her home.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.