The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody police log from Monday, Aug. 1 to Wednesday, Aug. 3.
Monday, Aug. 1
- 2:21 p.m. A caller reported his credit card was stolen and used at an ATM at the Winona Plaza on Route 1 for a total of $302. He reported the theft to Eastern Bank and the card was deactivated.
- 2:29 p.m. A Peabody resident reported someone fraudulently opened four bank accounts in his name and tried to change the address on his credit cards to one in New York.
- 3:57 p.m. A Peabody resident reported her Sovereign Bank credit card was used without her knowledge in Ohio. She still had the card in her possession and Sovereign Bank deactivated it.
- 6:59 p.m. A female juvenile was transported to and given a no trespass order from the Northshore Mall for three years after police responded to a report of an intoxicated person in the lower level of the mall near .
- 7:45 p.m. Ryan Hussien, 19, of 148A Washington St., Peabody, was arrested on Railroad Avenue near , following a foot chase across the neighborhood. He was charged with two counts of resisting arrest, assault and battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, trespassing and on three warrants from .
- 8:39 p.m. A caller on Winona Street reported a lawn ornament was stolen.
- 9:06 p.m. A caller near on Lowell Street reported a group of teens bought several dozen eggs. Police were unable to find the group.
- 9:17 p.m. A caller on George Road said some youthful pranksters on bikes egged her house window.
- 9:47 p.m. A caller on Winona Street reported an egging. The culprits headed toward Route 1.
- 10:20 p.m. A caller reported some youths were playing “chicken” on Dearborn Road.
Tuesday, Aug. 2
- 9 a.m. A female caller on Route 114 reported a laptop computer was stolen from an address.
- 9:18 a.m. A caller at Fast Track Automotive on Summit Street reported a lift gate was stolen overnight.
- 10:32 a.m. The manager at on Main Street reported one of the doors to the restaurant was broken the night before. A 19-year-old male, a possible suspect, was given a no trespass order from the restaurant.
- 12:01 p.m. A caller reported there were several large boxes in the intersection of Route 114 near .
- 3:16 p.m. A caller on King Street reported a past break-in to his apartment. A laptop computer was stolen. Police said there was no sign of forced entry.
- 5:24 p.m. A caller reported some suspicious activity at the ATM on Main Street. A Hispanic male and female were sitting in their maroon colored car outside the ATM. There was a child in the backseat as well. The caller said the female kept going into the ATM area after someone would use it. Police checked the area, but did not find anyone and said the machine did not appear to have been tampered with.
- 6:06 p.m. A caller on Beckett Street reported having a dispute with a neighbor about a cat being mauled by a dog. An officer said the owner of the cat was taking the animal to the vet; the dog owner lived on Aborn Street.
- 6:35 p.m. Police responded to the scene of a motor vehicle accident on Route 1 North near . A single vehicle rolled over and the driver was transported to Mass. General Hospital with injuries. State police also responded to the scene. There were no further details.
- 6:52 p.m. An officer reported the street was flooded at the intersection of Russell Street and Roosevelt Avenue and a car was abandoned in the roadway.
- 6:52 p.m. Police received reports that sewer drains on Route 114 were covered by the water, flooding the road.
- 7:01 p.m. A caller reported a silver Saturn Ion was left in the road on Lindauer Street, due to the flooding. DPS and a tow company was notified.
- 11:05 p.m. Jonathan M. Gonzalez, 23, of 55 Marianna St., Lynn, was arrested near on Lynn Street, following a motor vehicle stop. He was charged on a warrant from Lynn District Court for assault and battery.
Wednesday, Aug. 3
- 8:41 a.m. An officer reported a worker on Bartholomew Street was struck by a passing motor vehicle. There were no further details.
- 9:48 a.m. The owner at Point of View Opticals on Franklin Street said the building was vandalized. No further details were available.
- 10:31 a.m. A caller reported a male pedestrian was struck by a motor vehicle on Washington Street. An officer located the person and gave him a ride to his residence at Eastman Park. EMTs evaluated the man there and transported him to .
- 2 p.m. A caller reported a suspicious looking man was carrying a flat screen TV down Mason Street. The person was described as a white male wearing a tan tank top and dark baseball cap. Police were unable to find anyone matching that description.
For questions about this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.