The following are excerpts from reports in the press log from Aug. 22-23.
Wednesday, Aug. 22
- 3:22 p.m. Ronald J. Kennelly, 51, of 6 Howard Ave., Peabody, was arrested on an outstanding warrant for assault and battery. He was served with the warrant at .
- 3:29 p.m. Police said they recovered some stolen property from the Gold Rush kiosk at the .
- 4:10 p.m. Police received a report of a female pedestrian who was hit by a car near on Main Street. The suspect vehicle described as a small white car heading toward the . Police said the witness didn't actually see the accident or the pedestrian get hit by the vehicle, although a 73-year-old Lynnfield woman was transported to Salem Hospital. Police later said the woman was not struck by the car.
- 4:57 p.m. A caller on Lowell Street reported her mother swallowed a pill about 30 minutes ago and it was still stuck in her throat, but she refused medical attention.
- 5:47 p.m. Andrzej Wozniak, 56, of 1 King St., Peabody, was arrested in Newington, Conn. by police there for interfering with a police officer. He was released on a $5,000 non-surety bond.
- 6:59 p.m. A caller on Joy Road reported a past break-in at his home. He said he had a "good idea" of who the suspect was.
- 7:15 p.m. A male pedestrian was struck by a black 2010 Honda Civic at the corner of Proctor and Margin streets. A 25-year-old Salem man was transported to Salem Hospital. The 24-year-old Peabody man driving the Honda Civic was citied for passing a vehicle while it was stopped for a pedestrian in the crosswalk.
- 8:37 p.m. A caller on Osborne Street reported a past home break-in.
- 8:45 p.m. A caller reported an intoxicated male in dark clothes was walking in the street at intersection of Lake Street and Route 1. Police said the man made it home safely.
- 10:55 p.m. A caller reported kids were throwing rocks at a passing vehicle near on Main Street. An officer spoke with the owner of a Ford Mustang parked at McDonald's. The man said the kids lifted up his door handle to set off the car alarm. Police checked Pierpont Park for the suspects, but did not find anyone.
Thursday, Aug. 23
- 6:05 a.m. Police responded to a report of a car in a ditch on Northshore Road. The vehicle -- a gray 2002 Dodge Stratus -- was driven by a 38-year-old man.
- 8:01 a.m. A caller on Welcome Street reported his car was broken into overnight.
- 8:37 a.m. A caller on Nickerson Road reported a past home break-in. Some jewelry was stolen.
- 8:47 a.m. A Dexter Street resident reported her car was broken into and a Coach purse was taken.
- 9:34 a.m. An employee at Bosun's Marine on Route 1 reported someone broke into the storage yard overnight.
- 11:35 a.m. A caller on Aberdeen Avenue reported his car, which was unlocked, was entered and some medication was stolen.
- 11:44 a.m. A caller on Lowell Street reported a male was throwing rocks at cars that were making illegal U-turns. Police checked out the scene and said no rocks were actually thrown.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.