Monday, Oct. 7
- 2:31 p.m. A two-car accident was reported on Route 114 near BMW of Peabody. Two people were transported to Beverly Hospital.
- 3:05 p.m. A dispatcher at Salter Transportation reported a bus driver was having a problem with a Higgins Middle School student throwing items out of the bus window. An officer said the issue was resolved by the principal.
- 4:01 p.m. A caller at Tasty Foods on Lowell Street asked to speak to an officer about a stolen credit card.
- 4:21 p.m. A caller reported a tree was down on Winona Street blocking the roadway. One lane was temporarily closed while the tree was removed.
- 4:40 p.m. A tree was down at the corner of Brookbridge Road and Villa Lane.
- 5:40 p.m. Mall security reported a shoplifter at a cosmetic stand. The person was issued a no trespassing order from the mall property and the merchandise was recovered.
- 7:32 p.m. A caller on Sparrow Lane Extension reported a theft of a nail gun. An officer said it was actually a business dispute between two partners. They agreed to meet and exchange tools.
Tuesday, Oct. 8
- 12:35 a.m. A Lowell Street resident reported someone spit in her face. She was advised to go to Peabody District Court if she wished to take out charges against the other woman.
- 1:18 a.m. Ty L. Arbegast, 23, of 32 Sabino Farm Rd., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a past assault on Herrick Road. He was charged with two counts of domestic assault and battery.
- 5:57 a.m. Christopher D. Martinez, 41, of 22 Lander Ave. #1, Lynn, was arrested, following a report of a man threatening a woman at the Dunkin' Donutes on Route 1 North. Martinez was charged with domestic assault and battery.
- 6:09 a.m. A caller reported a car accident with a pedestrian at the intersection of Lynnfield and County streets. The vehicle -- a gray 1999 Toyota Corolla -- was towed to the police station and the driver was cited for failure to stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk. The pedestrian -- a 34-year-old woman -- was taken to Beverly Hospital.
- 6:51 a.m. Erlene A. McLaughlin, 28, of Haverhill, was arrested at the Plaza Motel on a warrant from another department. The charges included multiple drug violations.
- 10:56 a.m. Sarah A. Hames, 34, of 1A Macarthur Cir., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Norfolk Avenue. She was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- 11:43 a.m. A North Central Street resident reported he believed he was scammed during the purchase of a pickup truck. He bought the truck in Illinois and the vehicle had not been delivered yet. An officer advised him there was no crime at that time and if it turned out to be a crime, it would be outside the jurisdiction of the Peabody police.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.