Saturday, July 27
- 11:35 a.m. A caller at Duffy Insurance on Margin Street reported there was a seagull with a broken wing. The bird was taken to Borash Veterinary Clinic.
- 11:37 a.m. A caller reported there was a gray BMW speeding and doing donuts in the area of Symphony and Herold roads. Police checked the area, but didn't find the car.
- 4:14 p.m. A 25-year-old Boxford woman was issued a court summons for domestic assault and battery, following an incident at Tanner City Pizza on Margin Street.
- 8:37 p.m. A caller on Lisburn Street reported it sounded like a DJ was playing loud music near his home. An officer said there was a retirement party going on nearby and it should be over by 10 p.m. He did ask for them to keep the noise down.
- 8:49 p.m. A caller reported hearing what sounded like gunshots in the area of Wilson Square. Police checked the area, but didn't find anything amiss.
- 9:08 p.m. Adelio A. Santos, 53, of 19 Proctor Cir., Peabody, was arrested, following a two-car accident on Route 114. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (fourth offense) and with a revoked license. No injuries were reported.
Sunday, July 28
- 1:36 a.m. The clerk at Tedeschi's on Main Street reported being assaulted by a person. The suspect then fled in a white Honda going the wrong way on Holten Street toward Aborn Street. An officer said the clerk was familiar with the suspect and he would be checking the area.
- 9:38 a.m. A caller on Katina Lane reported her motorcycle was vandalized and her keys were stolen.
- 10:18 a.m. A caller on Granite Street reported a rock was thrown through the rear window of the person's car.
- 10:31 a.m. A caller at the 7-Eleven on Route 1 reported a past assault and problem with a coworker.
- 1:23 p.m. A caller at D&M Kolodziej Trucking Inc. on Summit Street reported a black Ford pickup truck with a green tailgate was seen fleeing the area after its driver stole a wheel from the property. State and Everett police were notified, and said they were unable to locate the truck or its owner.
- 2:40 p.m. The owner of Rudy's Towing on Webster Street reported his truck was stolen from the lot. He said it was a black Ford F350 with an aluminum flatbed body. Whoever stole the pickup apparently drove it through the rear fence on the property sometime after 10 p.m. on July 27.
- 2:47 p.m. A 70-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons for shoplifting at Macy's.
- 4:04 p.m. A caller reported a backpack was stolen from a locker at the YMCA. Police said the locker wasn't locked. The backpack contained an iPhone and charger valued at $600 in total.
- 4:59 p.m. A caller at Santarpio's Pizza reported there was a wild turkey in the lot. Police said it wasn't bothering anyone, but tried to move it along. The officer wasn't able to catch the bird and the environmental police were also called to respond to the scene.
- 11:04 p.m. An officer reported he was transporting an intoxicated female home from Paddy Kelly's when she started having trouble breathing. She was taken to the hospital instead.
Monday, July 29
- 12:23 a.m. An officer located a vehicle on Central Street he believed was involved in an assault at Tedeschi's the night before. He said he would issue a summons to the owner -- a 38-year-old Lynn woman -- for receiving stolen property over $250, possession of stolen property, having an unregistered and uninsured vehicle, attaching plates and driving with a revoked license.
- 9 a.m. A caller at a Centennial Drive building reported there was a suspicious motor vehicle -- a white truck marked "M&S Metal" -- parked in the lot. There were no plates visible on the truck and the caller was concerned because of past issues with lewd acts in the parking lot. Police checked the area, but didn't find the truck.
- 9:54 a.m. Justin T. Clancy, 18, of 6 Mulberry Dr., Peabody, was arrested on a warrant, following a request for a well being check made by a person who suspected Clancy had a warrant out.
- 10:56 a.m. A homeowner at 5 Blackstone St. reported he walked in on a burglary at his house. He said the burglar -- a six-foot, white male wearing a black sweatshirt and ball cap -- confronted him before fleeing the house. He said the man was covering his face with a white bandanna or mask and had a crowbar, which may have been taken from among his tools. The man said the suspect possibly left a bag at the scene as well. Police said the suspect fled out the back door of the home toward Russell Street and that a person matching that description was seen on Russell heading toward Middleton. Middleton and Lynnfield police were notified and additional K9 units were called in to search the area. The suspect was not found at the time.
- 12:18 p.m. A Peabody woman reported her bank account was compromised. She said she authorized a family member to access her account to make a payment while she was on vacation, but then returned to discover that during that time, the suspect accessed the account numerous times. The initial report was unclear on who the suspect was.
- 12:42 p.m. Report of a past car break-in on Ellsworth Road. A GPS device and Maglite were stolen.
- 3:53 p.m. A caller reported possible drug activity by some people sitting on benches at Pierpont Park. Police said the individuals on their way.
- 4:16 p.m. Report of a three-car accident on Lowell Street near St. Adelaide's. No injuries were reported.
- 4:33 p.m. A 22-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for malicious destruction of property over $250. A caller on Melody Road reported a shirtless white male threw a rock at his car and then left the area on foot.
- 4:49 p.m. Report of a single car accident at 69 Russell St. with injuries to the driver. The car's engine was also in flames. See related story.
- 6:04 p.m. A caller on Longview Way reported a skunk was caught in a fishing wire. Police then received a second call for a skunk caught in a fish hook. The Animal Control Officer said the skunk was freed and seemed in good health.
- 6:12 p.m. A 45-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons for domestic assault and battery, following an incident at her home on Bartholomew Street.
- 6:51 p.m. Robert P. Goodrich, 25, of 41 Pine St. #9, Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a past incident at the Tedeschi's on Lowell Street. He was charged with domestic assault and battery and larceny under $250.
- 7:17 p.m. A caller on Charles Street reported a person in a green Ford pickup truck with a missing tailgate stole a child's bicycle from the property. Police said the bicycle was left next to the trash and recycling.
- 10:20 p.m. Report of a car that hit a tree on Gardner Street. The vehicle was towed and there were no injuries reported.
- 11:12 p.m. A 47-year-old man in cardiac arrest was taken to Lynn Union Hospital following a report of a drug overdose at the Plaza Motel.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.