The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Dec. 18-20.
Tuesday, Dec. 18
- 2:21 p.m. A caller at St. Ann's Church reported a car backed into the fence on Saturday, damaging it.
- 2:47 p.m. An employee at the CVS on Main Street reported there was a shoplifter in the store. The person was confronted and returned the merchandise. The clerk did not wish to make a report at the time and said the shoplifter fled in a red Toyota toward Salem. The clerk said the suspect also told him he had warrants out for his arrest.
- 5:32 p.m. A caller at the Charles Motel on Mill Street reported a male was trying to kick her door down. The male was gone when police arrived.
- 5:33 p.m. A passerby reported a possibly intoxicated person was walking westbound on Lowell Steet just past the Route 128 entrance, wearing dark clothing and stumbling into traffic. Police checked the area, but did not find anyone.
- 6:07 p.m. A caller on Washington Street reported UPS delivered two packages that were left on the front porch and which were then stolen by an unknown person(s).
- 8:59 p.m. A caller at Su-Chang's reported witnessing an assault. The caller said the driver from one vehicle exited his car and punched the driver of another vehicle through an open window. Both vehicles then sped away up Prospect Street. The victim of the assault called police shortly after and was advised to pull over and wait for an officer to take a report. After speaking with the victim, an officer said the fisticuffs were due to road rage. The victim did not want to pursue charges at the time.
Wednesday, Dec. 19
- 12:21 a.m. A caller reported some cows were taking a late night stroll down Buxton Lane. Police said all the animals were contained to one yard and employees from Dunajski Dairy would be rounding up the herd.
- 12:13 p.m. A 40-year-old Cambridge woman was issued a court summons for intimidating a witness, following a report of a restraining order violation at a Hancock Street home.
- 1:05 p.m. A 21-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons for shoplifting at Sears.
- 1:56 p.m. Evan JC Querusio, 18, of 8 Munroe St., Somerville, was arrested for shoplifting at JC Penney.
- 2:37 p.m. A female shopper at TJ Maxx on Route 114 reported her wallet was stolen from her carriage while it was left unattended.
- 7:12 p.m. A caller at Drastic Tattoo & Body Piercing on Route 1 reported an apparently disoriented elderly male was wandering around the parking lot. The man was described as having dark hair and wearing a dark blue jacket, tan pants and white sneakers. An officer spoke to the gentleman who said he was waiting by the ATM for a telephoned money transfer to go through to his account so he can make a withdrawal.
- 7:49 p.m. Two car break-ins were reported at Pilgrim Nursing Home.
- 8 p.m. A caller reported a past break-in to an apartment on Lowell Street. Police said an iPod docking station and a Coach purse containing a Mass. teachers license, medical insurance card, Panasonic camera and wrapped presents were stolen.
- 9:08 p.m. Erick Mendez, 25, of 29 Rock Ave. #1, Lynn, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Route 1. He was charged with a lights violation, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and on a warrant.
Thursday, Dec. 20
- 6:10 a.m. Police were asked to assist with dispersing people lining up for a release of a new sneaker at the Northshore Mall. The launch was not actually until tomorrow and the fans were advised of that and asked to leave. They complied.
- 6:46 a.m. More shoppers gathered for the sneaker release and were causing a disturbance, according to mall security. Police said an officer was able to resolve the matter.
- 9:25 a.m. An officer received reports of missing trash barrels in the area of Main Street.
- 9:37 a.m. A caller reported she was scammed. She said someone had notified her that she won a sweepstakes and she then provided "green dot" money cards in return.
- 11:10 a.m. A caller on Anderson Street reported some checks were stolen from her home and then cashed.
- 12:35 p.m. A caller at the Century House Restaurant reported someone stole the handicap placard off his parked car.
- 1:27 p.m. An officer reported he would be issuing a juvenile at Higgins Middle School a court summons for assault and battery.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.