The following are excerpts from reports in the press log from Dec. 30 - Jan. 2.
Friday, Dec. 30
- 2:28 p.m. A 20-year-old Peabody female was issued a court summons for driving with a suspended license and failure to use care in stopping, following a car accident on Sutton Street. There were no injuries.
- 7:22 p.m. Police received a report of a car into a fence on Lowell Street. The car was a 2004 BMW driven by a 17-year-old male. There were no injuries, but the car was towed.
- 8:01 p.m. Police received a report of a car break-in at on Sylvan Street.
Saturday, Dec. 31
- 12:46 a.m. A caller on Howard Avenue reported a car alarm was going off outside for two hours. Police spoke with the vehicle owner who said he was trying to fix the problem.
- 1:44 a.m. Eric M. Spector, 24, of 28 Curwen Rd., Peabody, was arrested, following a car accident at the intersection of Summit and Lynnfield streets. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense), possession of a Class B drug, leaving the scene of an accident with property damage and texting while driving. Police received a report that a car hit a pole at the intersection, but officers found no one inside the vehicle – a gray 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix – upon arriving at the scene. Spector was located and taken into custody.
- 2:38 a.m. A caller reported suspicious activity at Our Lady of Fatima on Walsh Avenue. The caller said there was a person behind the church. Police found two youths skating on roller blades; they were sent on their way.
- 7:46 a.m. A caller on Lynn Street reported that around 9 p.m. the night before, a motor vehicle apparently lost a tire, which then rolled down the woman’s driveway and hit her fence, doing damage.
- 10:01 a.m. A 56-year-old woman was issued a court summons for malicious destruction of property over $250, following a report of a dispute between a landlord and tenant on Ellsworth Road.
- 12:05 p.m. A 31-year-old person was issued a summons for shoplifting at .
- 1:06 p.m. Jonathan A. Power, 32, of 12 Hamilton Rd., Peabody, was arrested on a warrant out of Salem District Court, following a report of a suspicious motor vehicle parked on Berkshire Road for 30 minutes.
- 2:30 p.m. Michael W. Oswald, 38, of 101 Victory Rd., Lynn, was arrested for violating of a restraining order and malicious destruction of property under $250, following an incident at an Abbott Street apartment.
- 4:48 p.m. A Lowell Street resident reported a past assault and battery, but no further details were available.
- 7:09 p.m. Calling back to a person who hung up after dialing 9-1-1, police spoke with a female at an Oak Street apartment who said they had been drinking and her son dialed the number by accident. He meant to call 4-1-1.
- 7:32 p.m. A caller on Meade Street reported he just returned home to discover his house was broken into. Police said entry was attempted via the rear sliding door, but there was a secondary lock. Nothing was missing.
- 8:55 p.m. Police responded to a report of a disturbance in the parking lot at . A caller said the incident involved a friend’s parents. Three juveniles were transported to the police station and two of them were issued court summonses on charges of indecent assault and battery and assault and battery, respectively. No further information was available.
- 10:15 p.m. Thomas R. Carter, 25, of 286R Washington St., Peabody, was arrested on Lynn Street near the . He was charged with disorderly conduct and making threats, following a report of an intoxicated male walking the middle of the street.
- 10:40 p.m. A water main break was reported on Lisburn Street.
Sunday, Jan. 1
- Police received several reports of fireworks being shot off throughout the city around midnight by New Year’s revelers.
- 1:25 a.m. Police responded to a report of a car into a telephone pole at the corner of Summit Street and Christina Drive. The 21-year-old Lynn man driving the car, a black 1999 Volkswagen Jetta, was transported to Mass. General Hospital by ambulance. The car towed from the scene. An initial report indicated charges would be filed against the man.
- 7:27 a.m. An officer reported sometime overnight there was a car break-in outside . The vehicle windows were broken, but nothing appeared to be missing.
- 7:42 a.m. Police responded to a car accident on Margin Street. Police said a telephone pole was hit and the pull fire alarm box on the pole was destroyed. No further details were available.
- 2:43 p.m. An officer reported a handgun was stolen from the attic of a Tumelty Road residence. The gun was a Beretta .22 caliber semi-automatic and was taken from a lock box, according to the owner.
- 9:48 p.m. A female caller reported she had followed a motor vehicle that egged her car and had the vehicle blocked in at a Daniel Terrace residence. A 19-year-old Lynn female and a 15-year-old were both issued court summonses for disorderly conduct. Police said the egging occurred on Bartholomew Street.
Monday, Jan. 2
- 12:13 p.m. Police received a report of a large amount of glass in the street at the corner of Forest and Lowell streets. Public Services was notified.
- 12:27 p.m. A caller on Hancock Street reported tools were stolen from the third-floor apartment sometime since Friday.
- 1:20 p.m. An officer doing parking enforcement at the reported issuing seven citations for misuse of handicap placards and removing the plates off one vehicle because the registration was revoked.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.