The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from April 11-13.
Thursday, April 11
- 2:59 p.m. Garrett T. Dooley, 22, of Norwood, was arrested, following a report of a domestic dispute in the parking lot at Chandler's Ice Cream. He was charged with domestic assault and malicious destruction of property over $250.
- 4:10 p.m. A caller at Peabody Vacuum Center reported there were cars parked in the middle of Main Street. An officer issued one ticket for an illegally parked vehicle.
- 4:10 p.m. A caller at Tannery Gardens on Foster Street reported his car was broken into sometime overnight. A GPS device was stolen.
- 9:10 p.m. Report of a motor vehicle accident with injuries on Centennial Drive at Forest Street. State police handled the accident.
Friday, April 12
- 6:23 p.m. Two females were each issued court summonses on a charge of assault and battery, following a fight in a hallway at the Tannery Apartments on Warren Street.
- 11:07 p.m. A caller complained people outside the St. Michael's Society Hall were being loud and playing loud music. An officer said he asked the disc jockey to lower the volume of the music and told the crowd to reduce their noise level out on the front porch.
- 11:46 p.m. Report of a car engulfed in flames on Route 128 near I-95. Police said several state police units were on scene and had been chasing the vehicle. The Fire Department also responded.
Saturday, April 13
- 1:40 a.m. Juan R. Galarza, 36, of Lowell, was arrested on two warrants out of Lawrence and Waltham district courts, following a report of suspicious activity in the area of Perkins Street and Ethel Avenue.
- 2:43 a.m. An officer reported he was checking the maintenance shed and the entire length of the golf course at the Salem Country Club after a report of two youths, all dressed in black, running from the course.
- 11:04 a.m. Report of a motor vehicle that struck the building at Walgreens on Main Street. Police said there was only minor damage and no injuries.
- 1:53 p.m. A resident reported fraudulent transactions were made on a checking account at North Shore Bank.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.