The following excerpts are from reports in the press log from March 26-27.
Monday, March 26
- 3:08 p.m. Police received a report of a car accident near 176 Lake St. A gray 2002 Toyota Camry crashed into a telephone pole, splitting the pole, police said. The vehicle's airbag deployed and the driver, a 45-year-old Peabody man, was transported to Salem Hospital. The car was towed and was notified.
- 6:20 p.m. Mall security reported there was someone trying to sell items out of a bag. A 31-year-old Jamaica Plain man was asked to leave the mall and a 24-year-old Wakefield man was issued a no trespassing order for a year.
- 6:58 p.m. Police said a female walked into the and told an employee there was a man down in the street across from the . Police spoke with a 53-year-old man who lives on Main Street and sent him on his way. The man said he was just "taking a rest."
- 7:26 p.m. Meryem Chehbouni, 27, of 960 Saratoga St. #1, East Boston, was arrested, following a report of a shoplifter at . Chehbouni was charged with larceny over $250.
- 9:37 p.m. A employee reported a heavyset male clad in green sweats was making threats to other Y members inside the gym. Police responded and said there was a dispute between two men -- one 28 and the other 54 -- over the use of gym equipment.
- 9:53 p.m. A Lowell Street resident reported the upstairs neighbors were constantly being loud and moving furniture at all hours of the night. Police spoke to a female on the second floor and she said she wasn't moving furniture.
- 11:10 p.m. Jamie D. Finnemore, 44, of 4 Ledgewood Way #23, Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a past domestic assault. He was charged with two counts of domestic assault and battery and on a warrant for those charges. Police also filed child endangerment charges. The incident was initially reported at 6:29 p.m. and police were alerted to Finnemore's presence at the apartment at 11:10 p.m. There was also an active restraining order against him.
- 11:21 p.m. A caller reported a car crashed into a guardrail on Route 114 near Route 128. The vehicle was a gray 2003 Ford Taurus driven by a 20-year-old Peabody male. Police said there were no injuries; the vehicle was towed and the state highway department was notified to fix a one-way sign that was knocked down.
Tuesday, March 27
- 12:54 a.m. Police received multiple calls of a car that crashed into a traffic signal at the corner of Lowell Street and Priscilla Lane. The driver of the red 2010 Toyota Prius fled the scene on foot. The owner of the vehicle, a 45-year-old Beverly man, was issued a summons for leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.
- 7:19 a.m. A 46-year-old Lynn woman who had pulled over on Route 1 near because she had run out of gas was issued a summons by police for driving with a suspended license as well.
- 7:47 a.m. State police responded to a report of a multi-car accident on Route 128 North by Lowell Street. Troopers said there were five cars involved and no injuries to report. One man did refuse medical transport from the scene. The crash was investigated by state police and the scene was cleared around 8:30 a.m.
- 9:54 a.m. Police received a report of of suspicious activity in the parking lot at on Lynnfield Street. Police said there was a man in a vehicle attempting to sell tires to another person. The original owner of the tires, however, told police the man had permission to use them for personal use, not to sell. He said he would speak to him about it.
- 10 a.m. A resident reported someone used his Social Security number to file fraudulent tax returns. Police forwarded the information to the IRS and the Federal Trade Commission to investigate.
- 12:25 p.m. Police received a report of a pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle at the on Lynnfield Street. Police said the man was putting air in his tires when he was hit by a gray Hyundai Santa Fe driven by an 81-year-old Peabody woman. The man suffered a minor cut to his head and was checked out by , but refused further medical treatment.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.