The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Dec. 26.
Wednesday, Dec. 26
- At 12:20 a.m., police responded to a report of a wire down and power out on Catherine Drive. The power was on when police arrived.
- At 8:25 a.m., police assisted with a medical call. A woman was going in and out of consciousness and vomiting. She was taken to Union Hospital.
- At 9:19 a.m., police responded to a medical call. A woman on Buxton Street had a fever and was taken to Lahey North.
- At 10:25 a.m. police received a report of vandalism to vehicles on Walsh Avenue. They had been keyed.
- At 10:32 a.m., a well-being check turned into an arrest. A caller reported that she had heard an argument going on when she was on the phone with her cousin. Police went to a Main Street address and arrested John Rapoza, 28, of 42 Main St., on warrant charges of speeding and operating under the influence.
- At 11:01 a.m., police responded to a medical emergency at the Cheesecake Factory. A 24-year-old Amesbury woman was suffering from a seizure. She was taken to Lahey Clinic.
- At 11:13 a.m., police responded to a medical call in which a 97-year-old man at A-Plus Market on Central had fallen and suffered a head wound.
- At 11:25 a.m., police responded to a two-car wreck at 51 Andover St. There were no reported injuries.
- At 1:28 p.m., police responded to a medical call. A 61-year-old woman at Christian Book Distributors was taken to Lahey Clinic.
- At 2:14 p.m., a woman reported a hit-and-run near Nordstrom.
- At 2:50 p.m., there was a three-car wreck near J.C. Penney.
- At 4:34 p.m., police took a report of a hit-and-run in the parking lot at Dunkin' Donuts, 3 Central St. The alleged suspect vehicle is a maroon Mercury driven by a blond woman wearing glasses who appeared to be about 50 years old.
- At 4:48 p.m., police responded to a two-car wreck at CVS on Lynnfield Street. There were no reported injuries.
- At 6:09 p.m., police responded to a report of shoplifting at Sears. Police arrested Miguel Ramos, 19, of Lowell, and charged him with shoplifting and three counts of receiving stolen goods.
- At 7:49 p.m. there was a reported vehicle break-in outside Latitude Sports Club. A window was smashed and a handbag taken.
- At 9:03 p.m., the Fire Department put out a fire in a Dumpster at 17 Silverleaf Way.
- At 10:35 p.m., police received a report of a vehicle break-in outside Santarpio's. A window was busted and a handbag taken.
- At 11:20 p.m., police responded to a report of a domestic dispute on Paleologos Street. A 51-year-old man was arrested and charged with domestic assault and battery.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.