The following are excerpts from arrest reports in the press log from Sept. 3-4.
Monday, Sept. 3
- 2:46 p.m. Police received reports of a Jeep Cherokee swerving all over the road on Route 114 near the and heading toward Salem. A second caller said the Jeep struck a motor vehicle in the area of .
- 3:43 p.m. A female on Sheffield Drive called to complain about two loose dogs that chased her into her driveway that morning. She said the dogs lived down the street. A notice of complaint was sent to the owner along with a copy of the leash law.
- 4:35 p.m. A 30-year-old woman was issued a summons for shoplifting at .
- 4:59 p.m. Police responded to a report of a three-car accident at the corner of Pulaski and Gardner streets. One female passenger was transported to Salem Hospital.
- 8:22 p.m. Police responded to a report of single motorcycle accident on Winona Street with a possible fire and injuries. The operator was transported to Salem Hospital and there was damage to a pine tree. The roadway was closed at Pine View Road temporarily.
- 10:05 p.m. A caller at Oliveira's Steak House reported her purse was stolen and the suspect was on video. Police took the victim to an address on Oakland Street to identify the suspect. The money inside the purse was returned.
- 10:07 p.m. A 29-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for assault and battery, following a report of a past assault at a Buxton Street residence.
- 10:15 p.m. A caller on Catherine Drive reported her rear car window was broken.
Tuesday, Sept. 4
- 8:48 a.m. A caller at a Bresnahan Street home reported the front window was broken by an unknown person sometime since the previous afternoon.
- 9:29 a.m. A 31-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons for uttering a false check and larceny of services, following a report of an incident involving larceny by check at the on Centennial Drive.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.