The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Oct. 9-10.
Tuesday, Oct. 9
- 2:13 p.m. An employee at Stop & Shop reported a woman was unsteady on her feet out in the parking lot. Police said the woman, a 34-year-old Salem resident, was intoxicated. She told police she would be returning to Salem with another resident, a 58-year-old man. About 20 minutes later, however, police received a call that the woman was now at Bay State Silk Screen & Embroidery down the street and was refusing to leave the business. She was placed in protective custody and taken to Salem Hospital.
- 2:28 p.m. A caller on Perkins Street reported her car was stolen. Earlier that morning, she reported her fiance was missing. Police eventually located him in Pennsylvania.
- 2:39 p.m. A caller on Jacobs Street reported jewelry was stolen from her bedroom.
- 4:16 p.m. Police received a report of five to six youths walking down Allens Lane and refusing to move out of the way of cars. Police checked the area and spoke with four young females who said they didn't see the group.
- 5:17 p.m. A female reported her iPhone 4 was stolen from her while she was inside the Apple Store at the mall.
Wednesday, Oct. 10
- 10:25 a.m. Police received a report of a fight on Joy Road between two males. An officer said neither person wished to press charges, however, he took both of them back to a nearby home to see if any damage was done to a fence.
- 12:45 p.m. An officer on traffic detail reported a construction vehicle struck a traffic light at the corner of Main and Washington streets. The Fire Department and PMLP were notified.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.