The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from June 9-10.
Sunday, June 9
- 4:34 p.m. a shoplifter was reported at Sears on Andover Street.
- 5:21 p.m. a road rage incident was reported on Pulaski Street. The incident started in Danvers and continued into Peabody. An officer spoke to all individuals involved and sent them all on their way.
- 5:51 p.m. police summonsed an older woman for the unlicensed operating of a motor vehicle on Russell Street.
- 6:30 p.m. a caller reported a road rage incident on Central Street. The caller reported that a man in another vehicle spit on his son and then hit another vehicle and fled in the vicinity of Town Variety. Police could not locate the vehicle.
- 7:23 p.m. vandalism to picnic tables at the park was reported at Pierpont Park. Graffiti was found on the picnic tables.
- 7:48 p.m. police stopped a vehicle the believed to be stolen on Gardner Road. While the vehicle did not turn out to be stolen, the operator was driving with a suspended license and was arrested. Police arrested Amanda Mantini, 21, of 118 Garfield Ave., Woburn. Mantini was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
Monday, June 10
- 6:13 a.m. a caller reported graffiti along the Peabody bike path near Lowell Street.
- 8:13 a.m. a motor vehicle accident with injury was reported on Winona Street. The passenger in one of the two vehicles was transported to Lynn Union Hospital with unknown injuries.
- 10:21 a.m. a caller reported that someone broke open her gas cap and syphoned roughly 8 gallons of gas from her vehicle, which was parked at the YMCA on Lynnfield Street.