The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from April 24-26.
Wednesday, April 24
- 6 p.m. A 44-year-old Malden woman was issued a court summons on charges of leaving the scene of an accident with property damage and driving with a revoked license, following a three-car accident on Lowell Street. No injuries were reported.
- 9:11 p.m. A caller on Lowell Street reported there were three dead rabbits. DPS was notified.
- 10:39 p.m. Daniel S. Hall, 51, of 53 Winthrop St., Beverly, was arrested on a Mass. Trial Court warrant, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Railroad Avenue and Sawyer Street. A 33-year-old man was also issued a court summons on charges of driving with a revoked registration and without insurance.
- 11:07 p.m. Report of a car accident involving a deer at the corner of Lowell Street and Larrabee Terrace.
- 11:21 p.m. Report of another car accident involving a deer at the same address on Lowell Street. Police said the deer ran off.
Thursday, April 25
- 8:22 a.m. A caller on Sprague Street reported his green 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee was stolen.
- 9:09 a.m. A 16-year-old male was arrested on a Child in Need of Services warrant after police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance at a Washington Street apartment. Police said the teen was taken to Salem Juvenile Court and had been reported missing.
- 10:04 a.m. A caller on Esquire Drive reported his neighbor's dog was always loose and rummages through the trash.
- 10:45 a.m. Report of a car break-in on Sprague Street. Approximately $20 and a couple of CDs were stolen.
- 11:10 a.m. Report of a car break-in on Harris Street. Police said the vehicle wasn't locked and some prescription medication was taken.
- 11:59 a.m. A 26-year-old Peabody woman was issued a court summons on charges of driving with a license suspended for OUI, a U-turn violation, registration not in her possession and speeding, following a motor vehicle stop on Northshore Road.
- 12:05 p.m. Police and fire responded to a report of a male pedestrian struck by a motor vehicle at 25 Roycroft Rd. Police said the vehicle fled the area and was possibly a green Nissan Maxima. A 75-year-old Peabody man was transported to Salem Hospital by Atlantic Ambulance with serious, but not life-threatening injuries. Danvers police were able to locate the vehicle at Motel 6, but when Peabody officers arrived at the scene, they found the car was left abandoned. They said the suspect might have taken off in another car -- this time a red 2008 Toyota Camry Solara. State police were also called in to process the accident scene and local officers did obtain a warrant for the suspect.
- 4:07 p.m. A caller at a Central Street apartment reported his checks were stolen and then used at multiple locations. Police said a $145 check was cashed.
- 9:19 p.m. Report of a water main break on Dexter Street. DPS was notified.
- 10:42 p.m. An employee at the Pump N' Pantry on Route 1 reported a male stole a carton of cigarettes from the store. The suspect was described as a white male with slim build, green eyes, abou 25-35 years old, five-foot-ten, and with a beard, green shirt and jeans.
- 10:47 p.m. A female caller reported numerous prescriptions were stolen from her backpack while she was at Pierpont Park earlier in the day.
- 11:54 p.m. Scott A. Broughton, 26, of 5 Carol Ann Rd., Peabody, was arrested at his home, following a report of an unwanted male there. He was charged with domestic assault.
Friday, April 26
- 1:02 a.m. Gary Zimmerman, 61, of Williamsburg, Va., was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and a marked lanes violation.
- 5:25 a.m. State police reported a taxi driver was assaulted and his wallet was stolen by a customer. State police and Danvers officers also responded to the scene outside Bagel World on Route 1 South. The cab driver said he picked up his fare by Lafayette Park in Salem and drove the person to the Bagel World parking lot, at which time the customer attacked the driver and stole his wallet and $600 in cash. The suspect is described as a white male, about five-foot-ten, with a large build and wearing a tan shirt. Police said the suspect fled on foot into an trailer park, according to the cab driver. Officers were unable to find the suspect at the time.
- 7:54 a.m. Julio A. Dejesus, 38, of 25 Loris Rd., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Washington and Hourihan streets. He was charged with driving with a suspended license, revoked registration and in an uninsured vehicle.
- 9:34 a.m. Report of a stolen cell phone at Higgins Middle School.
- 11:41 a.m. The principal at the West School requested an officer speak to children at the school. The officer sat with the principal while students were spoken to about their destructive behavior during school hours.
- 1 p.m. The school resource officer at Higgins Middle School issued a civil citation for marijuana.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.