The following excerpts are from reports in the press log from May 11-13.
Friday, May 11
- 4:50 p.m. A caller reported a past burglary to a home on Scenic Road. Police said the home was entered after a rear sliding door was broken. Eighty dollars in a change jar, bottles of liquor, a camera, an iPod and handcuffs were stolen.
- 5:51 p.m. An Oak Avenue resident reported he was assaulted by two males who live down the street. The man said he was punched in the face, although EMTs found no injuries after evaluating him. After speaking to all individuals involved, an officer said, the first man did have alcohol on his breath and he was advised he could go to district court to seek his own complaint.
- 6:50 p.m. A resident at a mobile home park at 161 Newbury St. reported a bath tub was stolen from the property sometime that afternoon.
- 8:04 p.m. James Hardin, 18, of 20 Calumet St., Peabody, was arrested at the on a default warrant from Salem District Court.
- 10:19 p.m. A caller reported two small children were left unattended inside a car in the parking lot at 85 Newbury St. The vehicle was gone before police arrived. Officers spoke to an employee inside who said a female came into the store to purchase some items and left the children in the car.
Saturday, May 12
- 3:02 a.m. Eric S. Rosengren, 18, of 77 Valley St., Salem, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street near . He was charged with driving under the influence of drugs and a marked lanes violation.
- 8:44 p.m. John Leger, 27, of 197 Washington St. #2, Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynn Street near the . He was charged with a subsequent offense of driving with a suspended license and on two warrants from Peabody and Salem courts.
- 11:34 p.m. Police received a report of intoxicated youths in the area of Downing and Price roads. An officer reported there were "no nefarious occurances." The youths just running around.
Sunday, May 13
- 12:42 a.m. Anamaria B. Batista, 30, of 90 Winona St., Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a domestic dispute. She was charged with domestic assault and battery, resisting arrest and two counts of assault and battery on a police officer.
- 1:46 a.m. A 17-year-old Peabody male was issued a summons for malicious destruction of property (a motor vehicle), following a report of a fight at the corner of May and Granite streets. The teen was also transported to Salem Hospital by ambulance.
- 3:56 a.m. Ryan P. Stevens, 20, of 278 Newbury St. #70, Peabody, was arrested at his residence, following a report of a domestic disturbance. Police said the dispute was only verbal, but Stevens also had three warrants out for his arrest from Salem District Court and he was taken into custody.
- 5:43 a.m. Management at the reported a female guest who was hosting a private party was acting suspiciously. Police found a small amount of marijuana on her and issued her a civil citation.
- 9:22 a.m. Police responded to a report of a bicyclist hit by a car on Lowell Street near . The pedestrian was evaluated by EMTs and refused further treatment.
- 9:29 a.m. An Aborn Street resident reported his car was stolen.
- 12:10 p.m. A male was transported to Beverly Hospital after a head injury from softball was reported at .
- 1:24 p.m. The Fire Department responded to Spring Pond on a report of a brush fire.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.