Friday, Sept. 27
- 4:14 p.m. A caller on Kosciusko Street reported vandalism to a fence. Police spoke to the neighbors and advised them to come up with a solution to fix the problem.
- 4:18 p.m. A caller on Newcastle Road reported that sometime last Friday someone entered her vehicle and stole a GPS device.
- 4:58 p.m. A program manager at a group home on Lowell Street reported a resident was found with marijuana and a pipe. Police said the matter would be handled internally.
- 7:47 p.m. A caller reported an erratic operator was driving down Lowell Street on the wrong side of the road with no taillights. Police stopped a black 2005 Cadillac Deville driven by a male and gave him a verbal warning for not having any taillights.
- 9:15 p.m. Justin J. Rich, 35, of 116 Lafayette St., Salem, was arrested, following a report of a shoplifter at Stop & Shop. He was charged with one count of shoplifting by concealing merchandise.
- 9:42 p.m. A caller at a Dana Road home reported he was pushed down the stairs by his father. The male was taken to Lynn Union Hospital.
Saturday, Sept. 28
- 1:06 a.m. Dana N. Gallien, 25, of 32 Buxton Ln., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Caller Street. Gallien was charged with speeding and driving under the influence of alcohol.
- 7:09 a.m. A construction worker on Longview Way reported someone broke the windshield on a vehicle.
- 12:43 p.m. A caller reported he found an illegal substance in the road on Gardner Street. An officer was given a small plastic bag with marijuana in it. The officer then disposed of the drug.
- 2:44 p.m. Vincent M. Mason, of 32 Surrey Ln., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Johnson Street. He was charged with driving with an unsecured load and with a suspended license.
- 3:41 p.m. Police responded to a report of a male who had overdosed in a car outside the Tannery Apartments on Crowninshield Street. Police said the male -- a 27-year-old Beverly resident -- was in a blue Volkswagen Jetta and was unconscious, but breathing. He was taken to Beverly Hospital and also issued a court summons for driving under the influence of drugs.
- 4:30 p.m. An employee at Omega Pizza on Lynn Street reported a customer kept calling the shop and making fake orders.
- 4:32 p.m. The Fire Department doused a mulch fire on Crowninshield Street.
- 5:07 p.m. A caller on Endicott Street reported she was assaulted by her ex-husband. A 62-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for trespassing and assault and battery and a 55-year-old Dorchester man was also issued a summons for trespassing.
- 7:25 p.m. Police responded to a report of a two-car accident near Kappy's Liquors on Route 114. The driver -- an 18-year-old Peabody male -- was taken to the hospital, along with two passengers in the vehicle.
- 9:17 p.m. A waitress at Stonewood Tavern reported a highly intoxicated, bald male was driving a small, gray car. There was a female in the passenger seat, both were middle aged and they were last seen leaving the parking lot at the restaurant. The caller said the male could barely walk to the car and he then took a left toward Washington Street. Police checked the area, but didn't find the car.
- 10:45 p.m. A caller reported a female was running around on Caller Street while half-dressed and in some sort of distress. Police located the female on Walnut Street and she was taken by ambulance to Salem Hospital.
Sunday, Sept. 29
- 12:25 a.m. A caller reported a hit-and-run accident at the corner of Main and Caller streets. The suspect car was a white Toyota Corolla that fled the scene down Caller Street. Police said the vehicle reportedly had heavy front-end damage.
- 12:45 a.m. Derek Distefano, 44, of 176 Newbury St. #10, Peabody, was arrested on a warrant out of Haverhill District Court, following a report of a disabled motor vehicle at the corner of Lynnfield and Bartholomew streets.
- 1:20 a.m. A caller reported his car was sideswiped by a gray Toyota Corolla on Lowell Street near Route 128. The suspect vehicle then continued north on the highway. The victim was unable to get the plate number due to the foggy conditions.
- 8:56 a.m. A caller on Scribner Road reported someone made a plastic bottle bomb the night before and detonated it out on the street. Police said there was no damage to the area.
- 11:42 a.m. Officers assisted the Fire Department with a car fire on Lynn Street.
- 12:53 p.m. A caller on Walsh Avenue reported a dispute with her neighbors. She said the neighbors, who live on Roycroft Road, were upset because her chicken and turkeys wander over to their property. Police informed the neighbors the woman did have a permit for the animals and she would try to keep them on her property.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.