The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Oct. 22-24.
Monday, Oct. 22
- 3:13 p.m. Employees at the Building Supplies Outlet on Webster Street reported someone on a bicycle came by Friday night and dismantled a battery box and then returned a couple hours later and took an item off of a vehicle. The activity was caught on surveillance footage.
- 3:51 p.m. A 26-year-old Woburn man was issued a citation for a red light violation, failure to stop for a pedestrian in a crosswalk, speeding and no inspection sticker after a motor vehicle stop at the corner of Main and Washington streets.
- 5:02 p.m. A caller on Prospect Street reported there were a few males urinating outdoors. A 32-year-old Bedford, N.H. man was issued a court summons for driving with a license suspended for OUI.
- 8:42 p.m. A caller at an Avalon Drive apartment reported she let her ex borrow her car and now he refused to return it. The vehicle was entered into the system as stolen and a 36-year-old Dorchester man was issued a summons for larceny of a motor vehicle.
- 9:40 p.m. An employee at Amazing Video reported receiving annoying phone calls from someone named "Artie." No threats were made, the plethora of calls were just annoying, according to police. A 42-year-old Lynnfield man was eventually issued a court summons for making annoying phone calls.
Tuesday, Oct. 23
- 12:42 p.m. Aurelio H. Loureiro, 53, of 65 Central St. #8, Peabody, was arrested at Peabody District Court on an outstanding warrant.
- 1:23 p.m. Brandon J. Snyder, 19, 116 Rogers Ave. #1, Lynn, was arrested, following a report of a pedestrian accident on County Street. He was charged on a warrant from Peabody District Court. One female was transported to Salem Hospital.
- 2:05 p.m. Police received several calls, reporting a large amount of debris was blocking the roadway at the corner of Washington and Lynn streets. DPS responded to the scene and removed the debris.
- 3:29 p.m. A caller on Lowell Street reported his rear car window was smashed.
- 4:17 p.m. A caller on Mandalay Drive reported some teens were picking up cones placed by the Department of Public Services and walking around with them.
- 7:20 p.m. A caller reported a large group of teens gathered at the corner of Upton and Walnut streets. An officer said the group had dispersed as he arrived. Police then located some of those teens gathering again in the parking lot at St. Vasilios Greek Orthodox Church. Several other teens were found in Connelly Park. Police said the teens were apparently gathering for a fight, which never materialized.
Wednesday, Oct. 24
- 7:56 a.m. A caller on Walnut Street reported his car was broken into overnight.
- 8 a.m. Police, firefighters and EMS personnel reported to the high school for a mock car accident scene with students.
- 9:04 a.m. Police and firefighters responded to a report of a rollover accident on Route 1 in front of Red's Kitchen and Tavern. Police said there was only one vehicle involved - a 2001 Chevrolet Malibu -- and there were no injuries. The car was up on the guardrail. The 85-year-old Lynn man driving the car was not cited for any violations at the time.
- 11:09 a.m. A caller reported vandalism to a car at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School. Police said they were able to get the rocks out of the exhaust pipe with a coat hanger.
- 1:31 p.m. A caller at an Aborn Street apartment reported that a package delivered by UPS was stolen.
- 1:32 p.m. Mall security reported a theft at Haagen-Dazs. An officer said the safe was emptied out a few minutes after the shop closed up the night before.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.