The following excerpts are from reports in the press log from June 1-3.
Friday, June 1
- 2:16 p.m. Police received a report of a person in a red car driving erratically on Route 114. The caller said the car was weaving in and out of traffic as the driver screamed out the window and opened the car door while the vehicle was still moving. An officer stopped the car on Central Street near Wilson Square and reported back that the driver -- an 18-year-old Peabody male -- said he opened his door to throw up a lollipop. He was given a verbal warning for littering.
- 3:54 p.m. A caller at a landscaping company reported a larceny. He said $3,000 was taken out of his business account. Police said it was a civil matter and was being taken up in court.
- 4:34 p.m. A caller reported suspicious activity at . The caller said a male in a white Honda was making balloon animals for children. Police were unable to find the person.
- 4:44 p.m. Jose M. Silva, 60, of 11 John Rd., Peabody, was arrested at his residence, following a report of a domestic incident. He was charged with domestic assault and battery, assault and battery on an elderly or disabled person and making threats to commit a crime.
- 5:06 p.m. A caller at a mobile home park reported fans were being stolen. She said she had to leave her unit, but would call back the next day for a formal report.
- 5:11 p.m. Police received a report of a motorcycle stolen from a residence on Avalon Drive.
- 5:19 p.m. Police responded to a report of a family dispute at a Heath Road home. Police said the argument was verbal and one person pushed the other in the garage, but the officer also removed a firearm from the home and brought it to the state for safekeeping.
- 5:36 p.m. A Patricia Road resident reported her husband's bank debit card was used without their knowledge at several locations over a period of 13 days for a grand total of $5,983.70.
- 6:33 p.m. James T. Hurley, 33, of 75 Walnut St. #105, Peabody, was arrested, following a report of a family dispute at his residence. He was charged with domestic assault and battery and aggravated assault and battery. A female was transported to by ambulance.
- 8:17 p.m. Police received a report of a person missing from graduation at . The person was located at his or her parents' house.
- 8:33 p.m. David A. Munford, 41, of 22 Sea St., Manchester-by-the-Sea, was arrested, following a report of a vehicle ramming into parked cars on Beacon Street. Officers responded and took pictures of the scene. They said both vehicles were parked in the driveway and the owner would take care of the damage in the morning. Munford was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense), disorderly conduct and malicious damage to a motor vehice.
- 9:36 p.m. Police received multiple calls of a fight with a knife on Tracey Street. Police said the fight had apparently broken up before they arrived.
Saturday, June 2
- 1:38 a.m. An employee at the on Route 1 reported receiving a counterfeit $20 bill.
- 4:28 a.m. A Calumet Street resident reported his brother took his car, drove from Salem into Peabody and then back to Salem in the Witchcraft Heights area. Officers notified Salem police.
- 6:39 a.m. Police responded to a report of a car that rolled over on the ramp from Route 1 North to Route 128. State police handled the accident scene and conducted the investigation.
- 8:20 a.m. Two females were transported to after a two-car accident was reported on Lowell Street.
- 8:58 a.m. Peabody officers and a state police crime scene unit responded to a past burglary at the Geovantage offices on Centennial Drive. Police said forced entry was made through a door and a crowbar was left at the scene. No further details were available. The state police handled the scene.
- 10:19 a.m. A 29-year-old Peabody woman was issued a summons for shoplifting (her fourth offense) after store security at reported a female shoplifter clad in black fled the store toward Main Street. Police located the woman and brought her back to the store.
- 1:08 p.m. A 19-year-old Swampscott female was transported to Salem Hospital by ambulance after she was hit by a car at the corner of Washington and Sewall streets. The Toyota Camry was driven by a 55-year-old Peabody man. No charges or citations were filed at the time.
- 2:31 p.m. A caller on King Street reported her wallet and wedding band were stolen from her apartment.
- 3:03 p.m. Danvers police requested notification to a female resident who drives a 2007 Ford Explorer. They wanted her to return to the Danvers station in relation to an assault by motor vehicle.
- 5:29 p.m. A caller reported finding needles by a sewer drain on Florence Road.
- 5:30 p.m. A caller reported her daughter's image was used inappropriately. No further details were available.
- 7:59 p.m. Part of Margin Street near Treadwell's was flooded. Public Services was notified.
- 8:12 p.m. A resident at a mobile home park reported some kids were playing on the equipment for sale at . Police said an exterior bulkhead was accessible at the business.
- 8:50 p.m. Police responded to a report of a pedestrian struck by a motor vehicle on Main Street near . The male was transported to Mass. General Hospital. No information was available on the suspect vehicle, police said.
- 9:37 p.m. A caller reported his dog bit him in the face. Police advised the man to either contact the Animal Control Officer on Monday or bring the 11-year-old terrier mix to a local animal shelter.
- 10:09 p.m. Police responded to a report of a dispute between the manager and an employee at . The caller said an employee was asked to leave and threw a hot dog at her. The worker was then picked up by a taxi, police said.
- 10:53 p.m. A caller on Wahtera Road reported kids were shooting paintballs at a passing motorist. Police could not locate anyone in the area.
Sunday, June 3
- 12:32 a.m. Police received a report of an irate woman at a Foster Street apartment. Police said there was an argument between a husband and wife and the two would be sleeping in separate bedrooms for the night.
- 1:33 a.m. Police received a report of two intoxicated people walking along Russell Street. The caller said both people were then picked up by someone driving a dark-colored four-door car. Police checked the area but found nothing.
- 1:39 a.m. A Winnegance Avenue resident reported he just returned home to find someone broke into his home. Police said a rear sliding door was smashed. A sapphire ring and a box of jewelry were taken.
- 4:20 a.m. A 33-year-old Peabody man was issued a summons for domestic assault and battery, intimidating a witness and malicious destruction of property under $250, following a report of a domestic dispute at a Jacobs Street apartment.
- 11:29 a.m. Report of a tree down on Northshore Road.
- 1:12 p.m. Police received a report of a home on Jill's Way being hit with paintballs.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.