Today is Wednesday, Sept. 26. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- No school today: In observance of Yom Kippur, the Peabody Public Schools will be closed Wednesday.
- This is Peabody firefighter John Soares' last day to "post bail" -- $2,400 in donations for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. He still has a ways to go to meet the goal. Soares will also get to meet some of the local individuals and families he is helping along with sponsors of the fundraising effort today over at Tavern in the Square in Salem.
- The Peabody Recreation Department is now accepting registrations for fall programs. Brochures are available at all Peabody public libraries and schools. Check out the programs being offered for kids and adults, along with some upcoming trips.
- Getting out to vote: Are you registered to vote on Nov. 6?
- Want more out of Peabody Patch? You can share your news with the rest of the community --click here to add an announcement, add your events to our events calendar, click here to sign up for breaking news updates, follow us on Facebook or Twitter for up-to-the-minute news, and share your thoughts on your community in a blog -- click here to get started.