Today is Wednesday, Sept. 12. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Today's weather: Sunny with a high near 82 degrees.
- A healthy showdown: The YMCA of MetroNorth is partnering up with boston.com and Lose It! to run a Hometown Wellness Showdown, a free four-week event packed with prizes, tips on exercising and eating well and more. Local members of the can get more information or register at boston.com/getmoving or metronorthymca.org. Individuals can earn points for logging exercise and healthy meals over the four weeks and contribute to their Y's overall total points. Registration opened Sept. 7; the Showdown itself begins Sept. 17.
- Peabody varsity field hockey is scheduled to host Malden today at 3:45 p.m. The Tanners are 2-0 for the season so far.
- The City Council is scheduled to meet Thursday at 7:30 p.m. in Wiggin Auditorium at . Prior to the regular session, the Municipal Safety Committee will meet at 6 p.m.
- Want to get Peabody Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for one of our newsletters then, which will deliver you with the latest headlines daily or weekly. You can also sign up to receive breaking news alerts and other important information.