Today is Tuesday, June 12. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Farmers market: The opens the season today over at its new location at the . Stop by the market between 2 and 7 p.m.
- The Democratic Senate candidates (Mary-Ellen Manning, Joan Lovely, John Slattery and Edward Carroll) for the 2nd Essex District . The debate is hosted by the Mack Park Neighborhood Association.
- School Committee: The School Committee meets tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Kiley School, following an executive session at 6:30 p.m.
- If you have leaves and yard waste lying about, you're in luck. The mayor's office has scheduled an additional week for curbside pickup for the week of June 18. Leave your yard waste out in paper bags or barrels -- no plastic bags -- on the day of your normal trash pickup. The mayor's office says all yard waste should be picked up no later than 3 p.m, but collection may occur in two trips, with trash first in the morning and yard waste later in the day. There is no charge for collection. Leaves and yard waste can also be dropped off during weekdays at the from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Don't forget to for a shot at a $15,000 grant. You can vote once a day through June 22.