Today is Thursday, April 11. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- The 42nd Annual Student Government Day is today. That means seniors at Peabody High will shadow city employees, elected officials and even local reporters for the day. A mock City Council and School Committee will be held tonight to cap off the day's activities.
- Acura of Peabody will host its 4th Annual Taste of the North Shore on Friday. Proceeds from the evening benefit the North Shore Cancer Walk/Run.
- Friday is Career Day in the gym at Peabody High. The event is an informal chance for underclassmen to stop and check out about 50 local businesses that have will exhibition booths set up for the morning.
- There will be a faculty/staff art show, poetry readings, music, talent show and more as part of North Shore Community College’s annual Arts in April, a week-long celebration of the Arts, April 18-26. All events are free and open to the public.
- Brain building in progress: The Coordinated Family & Community Engagement(CFCE) of Peabody, Danvers, Beverly, Topsfield, Middleton and Boxford is holding a Brain Building in Progress Fair on April 18 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Mall Tots at the Liberty Tree Mall. The event is free. There will be live entertainment, crafts, raffles, a DJ, balloon twisting, face-painting, drumming and more. Exhibitors include Early Intervention, WIC, Pathways, Head Start and more. For more information, call 978-536-6543 or contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa at email@example.com.
Engage with your neighbors on Peabody Patch: