Today is Thursday, May 2. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- The Fire Department says it will be continuing its annual testing on water hydrants in the city, focusing now on Ward 4 Precinct 2 and Ward 5 Precinct 3. During testing, you may notice some discoloration in your tap water.
- St. John the Baptist students are performing the musical "Children of Eden" tonight, Friday night and Saturday at Bishop Fenwick. Tickets are $10.
- Preschool: The new Passos Avante Preschool Program at the West School has limited openings available for three-year-olds for September 2013. Contact Joanne Pantapas for registration information at 978-536-5760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Peabody High is putting on its Senior Citizen Appreciation Concert and Luncheon May 24 at PVMHS. The event is also sponsored by the Peabody Municipal Light Plant.
- The Peabody Area Chamber of Commerce's annual spring online auction is now underway for its 25th year. The auction is open 24 hours a day until May 31 with hundreds of items to peruse. Televised segments will run 7:30-8:30 p.m. on May 7, 14, 21 and 28 on PATV (Channel 99) to show off featured items. You can find more information here.
Engage with your neighbors on Peabody Patch: