Today is Thursday, Nov. 8. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- The Essex National Heritage Commission will be having its Annual Fall Meeting up at the Smith Barn today. RSVP is required (email@example.com or 978-740-0444), although the event is free. The morning gets underway at 8 a.m. with a continental breakfast and the business meeting lasts from 8:30-10 a.m., which will include the presentation of the Pioneers in Partnership Awards. The Smith Barn is located at Brooksby Farm.
- Club LEGO anyone? The Children's Room at the Main Branch Library is hosting an afternoon of LEGO building fun today from 3:30-4:30 p.m., geared toward ages six and older. Staff supply the LEGOs, you supply the creativity. Kids' creations will be on display in the Children's Room. Call to reserve a spot in the program -- 978-531-0100 ext. 29.
- City Council: The Peabody City Council meets in regular session tonight (7:30 p.m.) in Wiggin Auditorium at City Hall (click for agenda). But first, the council's Finance Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. You can find the agenda online here.
- There's a spaghetti dinner night on Friday to benefit the Giving Hope Foundation.
- Citizens for Adequate Housing's annual Raise the Roof fundraiser is coming up later this month (Nov. 16) at the Salem Country Club. There will be live music, food, a live and silent auction, raffles and more. You can reserve tickets at www.citizens.eventbrite.com.