Today is Monday, Nov. 5. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- The deadline to vote by absentee ballot is today at noon at the City Clerk's office. Click here for more information.
- Check out your local election guide for even more information on the candidates and links back to coverage of this election season.
- Entries in the Patch Best Halloween Costume in America Contest will be accepted through 11:59 p.m. tonight. Take your shot at winning $5,000.
- Playoff update: It was a heartbreaking loss for Peabody girls' soccer last night, going down 1-0 to Acton-Boxborough in double overtime. Volleyball, which takes on Central Catholic tonight at home, is now the only team left standing for the Tanners. Over at Bishop Fenwick, volleyball and girls' soccer are still alive and play next on Tuesday.
- The Essex National Heritage Commission will be having its Annual Fall Meeting up at the Smith Barn on Nov. 8. RSVP is required (email@example.com or 978-740-0444), although the event is free. The morning gets underway at 8 a.m. with a continental breakfast and the business meeting lasts from 8:30-10 a.m., which will include the presentation of the Pioneers in Partnership Awards. The Smith Barn is located at Brooksby Farm.