Today is Tuesday, Feb. 12. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- An update on that snowfall total: The final measurement reported to the National Weather Service Saturday afternoon by a trained spotter in West Peabody was 28.5 inches -- that's the total amount of snow from the weekend blizzard.
- The emergency parking ban is still in effect this morning, but will be re-evaluated depending on the street conditions across the city. Expect an update sometime later this morning. And yes, school is back in session today, but be careful out there. City plow crews are still working on sidewalks and widening roads.
- City officials say you can help out by shoveling your stretch of sidewalk and mark or uncover fire hydrants and catch basins. As the snow melts or more rain comes, there is the potential for flooding in addition to buried hydrants being a safety hazard in an emergency.
- Don't forget to keep those blizzard images coming to our gallery. You can post your photos and videos right here.
- The School Committee will convene for its regular meeting tonight at the Kiley School (7:30 p.m.) and a special public meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall to discuss possible safety improvements to the crosswalk in front of Saint Adelaide's Parish.