Today is Tuesday, Jan. 22. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Don't park on the street: A snow emergency was declared in Peabody yesterday evening and that means on-street parking is not allowed until the ban is lifted.
- The Peabody School Committee meets for its regular session tonight (7 p.m.) at the Kiley School.
- 5 years: 62 Restaurant & Wine Bar in Salem, which is owned by Peabody resident Antonio Bettencourt and his wife Valerie, is . Check out the special dinner series planned.
- Senator Joan Lovely will speak on Friday morning (7:30-8:30 a.m.) at the Danversport Yacht Club for the North Shore Business Forum. Lovely will share some perspective from her first three weeks on Beacon Hill and preview upcoming legislative issues that will affect small businesses on the North Shore.
- The state of the city: Mayor Ted Bettencourt will give his mid-term state of the city address again before the Peabody Area Chamber of Commerce for a breakast event Jan. 30 at the Holiday Inn from 7:30-9 a.m.