Today is Wednesday, Feb. 27. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- The Big Bee: The 3rd Annual Higgins Middle School Spelling Bee is tonight at the Northshore Mall. The big Bee starts at 7 p.m. outside Burtons Grill. Thirty students in grades 6-8 will compete.
- DramaFest: Stage One, the drama club at Peabody High, will be performing in the preliminary round of the state DramaFest this Saturday at Marblehead High School. Stage One is performing "Night Train to Bolina" at 10 a.m. and the state champs are eager to repeat. A preview of the play was performed at PVMHS prior to February vacation week. Tickets are $10 and only available at the door. Marblehead High is located at 217 Pleasant St. in Marblehead.
- Covenant Christian Academy will also perform "Super Hero Sanitarium" at Marblehead High School on Saturday at 3 p.m.
- Health expo: The Peabody Area Chamber of Commerce joins its neighbors in Salem and Beverly again to jointly host the 9th Annual Health & Wellness Expo at the Northshore Mall. The PACC says more than 40 exhibitors are lined up for the day. The event runs from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. and is sponsored by Lahey Health and North Shore Medical Center. For more information contact PACC President Deanne Healey (978-531-0384 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you missed yesterday's story, we reported on how the recent raise for School Committee members actually makes them eligible now for public pensions.
Engage with your neighbors on Peabody Patch: