Today is Thursday, Feb. 7. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- A blizzard of a weekend: Make doubly sure to check back to Peabody Patch Friday and Saturday as we try to provide you with the latest on the blizzard and related public alerts, etc. There are a few ways you can do that -- through breaking news alerts, Facebook, Twitter and right here on the site.
- Local hero: Don Kelley, the president of Wayside Trailers in Peabody, will receive the Enduring Hero Award from the American Red Cross of Northeast Massachusetts at its annual Community Heroes Breakfast in March.
- Return of the Catmobile: The Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society will be back in town at PETCO today with the Catmobile, offering afforable spaying/neutering services, rabies vaccinations and more for your feline friend.
- "One Sweet Evening": The ArcWorks Community Art Center hosts “One Sweet Evening” today, an early Valentine’s celebration featuring special treats, champagne, the jazz stylings of The Gardner Street Band and a showing of a new line of Shine Jewelry. The party starts at 5:30 p.m.
- Mark off your calendar Friday night for Stage One is giving a home performance at Peabody High of its entry into the state drama festival.
And one last thing: The 2nd Annual Sweetheart Snowshoe Classic is this Sunday at Brooksby Farm. You can find more information on the 5K here.