Today is Monday, Jan. 14. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- The deadline to file nomination papers with the City Clerk's office for the upcoming special election for State Representative is Jan. 22. The deadline to register to vote in any party primaries for the election is Feb. 13.
- Join the art activists:The Peabody Institute Library and ArcWorks Community Art Center are sponsoring a new club for kids 11-18 -- Art Activists. The club members meet on Tuesdays in January to talk, learn and create projects they are passionate about. You can earn volunteer or community service credit as well. Click for more information.
- The Welch School community is encouraging everyone to dine out at Texas Roadhouse in Danvers tonight between 4 and 10 p.m. to support the local elementary school. A percentage of the evening's sales will be donated to the school PTO.
- Free nutrition workshop: Stop by Fit Werx Jan. 22 from 6:30-8 p.m. for a free workshop with Dr. Jeff Donatello who will share how he helps endurance athletes with metabolic issues, ultimately improving their health and performance. RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Still looking for a flu shot?.