Today is Wednesday, Nov. 14. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Free playgroups today: The Family Engagement Center offers free playgroups for different age groups every Wednesday.
- Little Tanners: There will be an open house tomorrow from 2-4 p.m. for the Little Tanners program at Peabody Veterans Memorial High School. The program is an early childhood center slated to open early next year and which will serve as a daycare for children of school employees.
- The Torigian Center is hosting a Thanksgiving Party tomorrow from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. There will be dinner and music. Tickets are $10 and are on sale at the reception desk. No phone reservations. Volunteers are also needed today at 12:30 p.m. to help set up for the party. Call 978-531-2254 ext. 124 or ext. 108.
- Shop and Swap for a Cure on Friday at the Recreational Education Center. The event runs 6-9 p.m. at the REC on Pine Street. There will be new and gently used items, such as clothing, accessories, toys, books, movies, DVDs, housewares and more for sale. Proceeds will be donated to the family of Rachel Mackey who recently passed away from a long battle with cancer. There will also be raffles, prizes and refreshments.
- Did you know the Peabody Police Department has an internship program for students? The department is currently in the process of revamping its program and establishing relationships with local colleges and universities to help give students some on the job experience and skills. Follow the link for more information.