Today is Wednesday, Jan. 2. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Back to school again: The holiday break is over and school starts up again today for Peabody pupils.
- One day delay: Trash and recycling pickup is delayed by one day this week due to the holiday yesterday.
- The Peabody High Concert Band has entered the RRS Gift of Music Contest and needs your help to win a $15,000 grant. You can vote online through Jan. 11. Click here for more details.
- If you'd like to support the new memorial being planned for all past, present and future Peabody police officers and firefighters, you can buy a brick.
- Get your historical calendars: The Peabody Municipal Light Plant is offering 2013 calendars to its customers of historical landmarks and other noteworthy times in Peabody and Lynnfield (PMLP serves South Lynnfield as well). The calendars, which contain photographs and renderings, are free, but there is only a limited supply.