Today is Wednesday, Dec. 12. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- The Menorah Lighting and Hanukkah Party at the Northshore Mall is this afternoon and then tomorrow is the annual Menorah Lighting outside City Hall (5:30 p.m.)
- Mayor Ted Bettencourt will present citations to the Peabody girls' cross country team and Catarina Rocha for their recent state championships Thursday at City Hall. Rocha also just finished second in the nation in the Foot Locker National Championships.
- The Peabody Health Department will be offering free flu shots this Thursday and again Dec. 20. Vaccinations are available by appointment only for residents 10 and older. Call the Health Department at 978-538-5926.
- The deadline to enter our 2nd Annual Deck the House Contest is Dec. 16. Remember, you could win $100,000 for the Peabody Public Schools as well as up to $500 off your home electric bill.
- Winter Wellness: The Peabody Institute Library will be hosting a lecture presented by Lynn Helferich on Jan. 14 on Winter Wellness. The event will be at the Main Library at 7 p.m. The lecture will cover how you can live in harmony with nature’s dry and cold season, discover basic Ayurvedic principles that help balance winter symptoms, learn complimentary ways to stimulate your immunity and augment your personal care routine with simple techniques. Helferich is a Hatha Yoga Instructor and massage therapist. For more information and to register, call 978-531-0100 ext. 10, or register online.