- There's a fundraiser going on at the St. Michael's Society Friday night (6-10 p.m.) for cancer survivor Donna Nicholas. There will be raffles, baskets, food and music. Tickets are $20 at the door. The social club is located at 15 Endicott St. Email email@example.com for more information or call 978-774-8370.
- Peabody High students are hosting an acoustic coffee house Friday from 7-9 p.m. at the high school.
- Columbus Day: City Hall, all library branches, schools and other city offices will be closed in observance of the holiday Monday.
- Bowling: National Family Bowling Day is Saturday. While we haven't heard about any special deals or events planned locally, it is a great reminder what fun bowling can be. Locally, some of the options include Leo's Metro Bowl in Peabody, Andy’s Sunnyside Bowladrome in Danvers, the Bowl-O-Mat in Beverly and Cape Ann Lanes in Gloucester.
- It's the end of an era for Hilltop Steak House. The iconic restaurant just down Route 1 in Saugus will close its doors Oct. 20. You can read more about why here.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.