- The Tanners' football club isn't in the playoffs, but it is finishing out the season, starting on the road Friday with Chelmsford (7 p.m.). Tickets in Chelmsford are $7 for adults and $5 for students and senior citizens. Peabody then hosts Andover (Nov. 8) and Lawrence (Nov. 15) before the annual Thanksgiving Day game at Saugus (Nov. 28, 10 a.m.). Regular admission for the home games is $5 for adults, $3 for students and senior citizens are free. MIAA passes will also be honored.
- The Tanners girls' soccer team hosts Westford Friday (5 p.m.) for a first round game in Division 1 North.
- Champions Pub, a downtown favorite, over on Foster Street is celebrating 25 years in business this Friday. DJ Dan Desmond will be on hand for the occasion. The parking lot next door to the pub will also be available to patrons for the evening.
- There's a blood drive scheduled up at the Children's Hospital Boston North Shore on Friday afternoon.
- You can also get your car seat checked for safety by nationally certified technicians at the Children's Hospital Friday from 1-4 p.m.
- "American Music": There's a new exhibit at the ArcWorks Community Art Center looking at how music influences art. A free reception for "American Music" is Friday night from 5-8 p.m.
- And there's a pre-election rally Friday night (7-10 p.m.) at the Italian-American Citizens Club hosted by the Peabody Democratic City Committee. Candidates, supporters and voters are invited to attend. Admission is $10. The Peabody High Chorale will perform at 7 p.m. and there will be offerings from local restaurants and a cash bar.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.