- The South Branch Library will hold its annual Breakfast With Santa on Wednesday (10 a.m.) for children of all ages accompanied by an adult. There will be pancakes and milk before Santa arrives. Registration is required and seating is very limited for the program. Call 978-531-3380 or stop by the library to register. This program is sponsored by The Friends of the Peabody Institute Libraries.
- There's a bullying awareness workshop for parents scheduled Wednesday (6-7:30 p.m.) in the Carroll School library. Light Refreshments will be served. Anyone planning to attend is asked to RSVP.
- Financial Aid Night: A representative from the Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority (MEFA), will giving a free presentation again Wednesday (6:30 p.m.) at Peabody High on college financing offered through MEFA. There will be an overview of the financial aid process, including types of financial aid, how to apply and determining the financial options for your family. You can download a copy of the e-book here.
- The City Council will be setting tax rates at its meeting on Thursday. Here's what you need to know.
- The annual Peabody Police Toy Drive underway. Drop off donations of new, unwrapped toys in the lobby of the station through Dec. 20. Toys are distributed through local agencies to local children who might not otherwise get a new toy for Christmas this year.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.