- It's a Roomful of Blues Friday in Wiggin Auditorium. The Peabody Cultural Collaborative plays host to the critically-acclaimed blues band for a concert at City Hall Oct. 4. The Peabody High jazz band will open the evening. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $25 and a available at the Peabody Area Chamber of Commerce, City Hall and the ArcWorks Community Art Center.
- The Topsfield Fair also opens on Friday. Hours are 1-11 p.m. A few special items to note are the grand pumpkin weigh-off Friday (starting at 4 p.m. in the arena), fireworks Friday night after 9 p.m., the grand parade from the Topsfield Common Saturday at 9 a.m. and the Monster Truck show, which is new this year and will be Saturday only. And every year the fair also hosts a pageant for kids ages 5-8 to crown a new Junior King and Queen to represent the fair at local parades and other events throughout the year. The deadline to enter is Friday. The pageant itself is Saturday at 11:30 a.m.
- The Tanners' varsity football team visits Lynn Classical Friday night (7:30 p.m.) and looks to even out its 1-2 record.
- Hank Phillippi Ryan will be at Barnes & Noble Saturday (1 p.m.) for a book signing on her newest thriller "The Wrong Girl," which was just released Sept. 10.
- If you're in the market for a job, MarketStreet over in Lynnfield might just have what you're looking for. There will be a job fair at the new commercial plaza this Saturday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. for a number of openings at various stores.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.