- The annual holiday concerts at City Hall feature a special guest this year accompanying the Hillyer Festival Orchestra. Rebecca Robbins comes to Peabody direct from Broadway where she's currently on a short break from "Phantom of the Opera." After this weekend, she'll return to Broadway to continue the run. In addition to being a lyric soprano and an actress, Robbins is also a cancer survivor. She was diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma shortly after her Broadway debut in 2008, but after surgery and months of chemotherapy and radiation, she was cancer-free. You can read more about her journey with cancer on her website. You can also find ticket information here for this weekend.
- Brooksby Farm hosts its annual holiday open house this weekend. Stop in Saturday or Sunday from noon to 3 p.m. There will be wagon rides over the hills and through the woods, a bonfire to warm your toes, pre-cut Christmas trees for sale along with wreaths, roping and swags, complimentary hot mulled cider, tastings of jellies, marmalades and relishes, and some apple and pumpkin pie sampling.
- Santa and Mrs Claus arrive on Main Street at the library on Saturday for the annual holiday festival. The jolly old couple arrive by fire truck at 11 a.m. and will then walk up to the Knights of Columbus Hall for photos and to meet with boys and girls. This year's celebration is also sponsored by the Peabody Downtown Association.
- There's also a holiday shopping craft fair Saturday at the Chiampa Dance Studio over in Post Office Square in Lynnfield. The fair is from 2-6 p.m. and there will be vendors and various raffles.
- The Peabody Historical Society holds its annual holiday open house Sunday from 1-4 p.m. at the Nathaniel Felton Jr., House, which is located at 43 Felton St. The historic home will be decorated for the holidays by the Peabody Garden Club. Activities include spinning wheel demonstrations, house tours, caroling and face-painting. Complimentary refreshments will also be provided. It's all free.
- Children's author and illustrator Carla Marrero will be at the Children's Room in the Main Branch Library for story time on Saturday for kids ages 3-9. Marrero will be reading "Mimsie's Mouse," followed by a story-themed craft activity. Books will also be available to purchase and/or to have signed.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.