- What do you like for downtown Peabody? The city is holding another community meeting Tuesday at the West Branch Library (6 p.m.) to discuss that very issue. Pizza will be provided. The city will be looking at three particular parcels downtown that are either underutilized or vacant and would like some public input on what types of stores or services are missing now and what could occupy those spaces. A related survey will also be distributed and posted on the city's website.
- West Nile Virus: The risk level has been raised to "moderate" now for Peabody in regard to West Nile Virus. Spraying will be conducted this week in South Peabody, but there are a number of precautions you can take, both personally and around your home.
- The School Committee meets for its regular session Tuesday (7:30 p.m.) at the Kiley School.
- Do you know who Civil War Gen. Grenville Dodge was and what connection he has to Peabody? Tag along Wednesday (3 p.m.) for a downtown history walk led by local historian Bill Power to find out. There will also be a commemorative plaque dedicated to Dodge during the walk, and it's free to attend.
- The next citywide meeting of the Peabody Democratic City Committee is this Wednesday (6:30 p.m.) at the Ancient Order of Hibernians Hall.
- The Torigian Family YMCA is holding a free lecture Thursday (noon) entitled "Caring for the Caregiver."
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Peabody.